“Cosy restaurant”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
“Cosy restaurant”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The food is great, however the menu is only in Dutch !!! Some of the prices within the menu do not respond to the actual dish (in terms of quality and quantity) !! The staff is really nice !!

Visited April 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Italianen menu and dishes! Best Italian in Leeuwarden”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Excellent food, geest wines! Place is run by Italians and They have great chef in the kitchen. We had pasta as starter and seabras and saltim romana as main course. All very tasty. Also homemade tiramisu is rare outside Italy!

• Visited July 2013
East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa
“A great family meal.”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I visited Leeuwarden with my wife and three young children and needed a place for an early dinner. As we entered we were given the most amazing welcome. Having three young children was no problem and they made sure the kids were fed quick allowing mom and dad to enjoy a couple of glasses of wine. The Pizza was a generous size using the freshest ingredients. My wife had the seafood pasta with shrimps and was also superb. The best value for money meal we have had in Europe but not only that they made us feel so welcome! We will be back.

• Visited July 2013
“Great food, mediocre service”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

According to Italians the best spot in Leeuwarden for Italian dining and I can only agree. Very good range of antipasti, great pizzas and pastas. The level of cooking is not matched by the serving staff unfortunately during my most recent visit: not exactly friendly, long waiting times, no assistance with menu translation for English-speaking guests (no English menu available) and although we did not take a bite for 20 minutes from the last few appetizers left, no one came around to call out the next course. Red table wine that was sold as dry was clearly off-dry, think the word amabile on the label refers to this style of wine (we had not noticed). Will come again hoping for better service.

• Visited April 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
“Italian food made by Italians!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

There are quite a lot of restaurants to chose from when you are in Leeuwarden. My intent tonight was to have Mexican food, but then I happened to walk past Trattoria Italiana, and it looked interesting... so I decided to see what it was.
As I am here for business all alone, well then I was just joined by myself for dinner. Got seated in the middle of the restaurant at a table for two. The atmosphere is nice; the paintings on one of the walls are inspired by Vespa - the legenday Italian 'scooter'. The staff are Italian.
From my seat I could see the action in the kitchen; they were really busy.
I ordered Carpaccio (€10,50) as a starter and a beer (€2,10). After a minute or two, I got a small piece of Bruscetta and the beer. Nice. Then about five minutes later I got the Carpaccio. It was arranged VERY nice and looked and tasted awesome. Then it was time for pizza (and one more beer). I had ordered a Quattro Formaggi (€10,50) - I really like this type of pizza and have had it many times in the past. That said, they serve lots of other Italian dishes - I was just in the pizza mood. The Quattro Formaggi exceeded the size of the plate and was really good, tasty and very authentic Italian. I finished off with at Cappuccino (€2,10).
The total was €27,30 incl. VAT and was very reasonable.
Overall a very good dining experience with good service, and I can recommend this place if you are in Leeuwarden and looking for a really good Italian dinner.

• Visited January 2013