“Very good”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Leeuwarden
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Very good”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have only spent one night here but it was a good experience. Location is very good in the centre of the city. The restaurant was very flexible, seeing to the fact we had to have dinner early, even before opening hours, which was no problem. Good food too. Beds and room were ok. I could park the car in front of the hotel. I skipped breakfast so I cannot judge that.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed October 25, 2013

For a business trip I stayed one night at the Post Plaza in Leeuwarden. I booked the stay including a surprise dinner. The hotel is small and accommodates relatively few rooms, which makes it kind of cosy. The surprise dinner was truly very good - I could say outstanding for the price/quality. Atmosphere of the restaurant is very nice. Service is at expected level. The hotel rooms are nice. Not spacious (comfort room) but with high quality. Though 7 years old one could not see it. Comfortable beds too. Only point was the noise outside. My room was located on the side of an alley. Not sure what it was, but some mechanical noise started round 22h00. I did not bother to contact the reception because I slept through it.

Unfortunately I was unable to use the wellness - which is free of use for guests.

Room Tip: Not on the alley side - noisy...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Room with great space and very well decorated.. Good views in the windows also..
The restaurant has great cuisine and wines, as well as very interesting breakfeast.
Gym and spa also available.
All the staff was very nice and helpful.. Really great place to have a good relaxed time...

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed at the Grand Hotel Post Plaza for a couple of nights. The hotel is located right in the center, walking distance to everything, shops, restaurants, parks etc.
Rooms are nice, modern, clean and spacious.
Didnt book the breakfast as 15euro per person seems a bit hefty.
Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay at this property and it was lovely both times. It's clean and comfortable along with being quaint and close to the center of everything. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who stays on this wonderful city

• Stayed September 2013
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The owner was so friendly and the hotel so cosy that I wish I could give the place five stars. However, in comparison to the two hotels I stayed at in Amsterdam I can not. This is likely the best place to stay in the north of Holland. It is attractive and in a good neighborhood. It makes a great base to explore the north of Holland. We parked our car in front of the hotel in metered parking.

We arrived and received three rooms for our family. My father was given a room that stunk of cigarette smoke (a problem all over the country). The owner understood that this was not acceptable so he gave my father another room. This room was facing a large construction site that was quite noisy. Luckily, we did not spend a lot of time in the hotel that day and the the following day was a weekend and there was no construction. The other two rooms we had faced the attractive courtyard. Here is the issue with that. There is no air conditioning in the room so you would like to have your windows open. In the afternoon I could not open the window since people were smoking in the courtyard. In the evening there is fairly loud music from the courtyard area so I didn't open them too long. Also the screens do not fully cover the window.

The room itself was fine. The bathroom too was fine. They lacked a soap dish which was odd. They also skimped a bit on products providing the minimum for two people. The breakfast area was lovely and we had included breakfast buffets that were typically Dutch. The most wonderful part was the large orange juicer that provided huge amounts of fresh orange juice. That was a five star experience. There is nothing like fresh juice in the morning.

One night we had drinks in the hotel. The owner himself served us and gave us delicious cookies with the coffee and tea. The following night we had dinner at the hotel in their elegant dining area. The meal was not memorable. There was an issue of overcooking duck. The atmosphere was nice.

My biggest problem with the hotel was the noise. I was bothered by the music outside at night, by the elevator noise near my room and mostly by the impossible banging around by the upstairs neighbors. I can't imagine what they were doing but they were doing it very loudly till the early hours of the morning. That would be the only reason I am not likely to return. Otherwise the friendliness of the staff is my biggest impression of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank misanthropicdreamer
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The actual rooms seemed a bit outdated, but still nice, clean and comfortable, the showers were really nice with an overhead rain shower, with lots of water pressure and hot water (we didn't find this I other parts of Friesland).

We had an included dinner at the hotel, it was very unusual food for us, including chicory mousse, and apparently smoked pigeon. It was a bit fancy for my children, but it was a beautiful dining room, with nice service. It took about three hours for the three courses to be served, which seemed a bit drawn out, but still everything was very nice, with good service.

Breakfast was also nice, with some nice extras like homemade jam.

The staff was very helpful and polite.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeuwarden
Hampshire Hotel - Oranje Leeuwarden
#1 of 1 in Beetsterzwaag
Hotel Cafe 't Anker
Hotel Cafe 't Anker
#9 of 10 in Leeuwarden

Been to Post-Plaza Hotel & Grand Cafe? Share your experiences!