“Another Hotel adventure”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bolsward
Hotel-Restaurant De Wijnberg
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bolsward
Calgary Canada
“Another Hotel adventure”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Anyone who reads my reviews know I like to stay in small local establishments at least some of the time on my travels. I find it is part of the adventure of traveling and it usually has a better price and you get to get a feel for the local area. For me that equals fun and adventure.

We started with dinner and drinks on the patio. Liking the town ambiance and the staff friendliness, we decided to stay the night.

The lobby/bar of the hotel is architecurally beautiful. with old wood and neat lighting. There was an elevator. It was small and you had to pull the door closed. But it worked ok as long as you remeber to close the door for the next person. (If you dont it gets stuck and a staff has to go find it and close the door.)

The room is small but clean and comfortable. (all I look for in this price range)

The bathroom was a little small and awkward with the shower drop down (kind of a 1 inch dropin the tiles) and the toilet being crowded beside it. (more of a "wetroom")

The view down the main street of town was lovely and relatively quiet. My room had 2 windows on a corner so it added to the interest.

Tv was a good size and bed was comfortable. Windows opened for lovely fresh country air.

I found the breakfast had a nice selection and was plentiful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We were given a tired old room at the back. I think it was clean, but hard to tell with that old carpet and the grottily tiled bathroom. My towel smelt clean but had pink marks on, like lipstick stains.
The food at dinner was quite good but rather expensive for what it was.
At breakfast they hadn't bothered to cover up the crispbreads and there were flies landing on them which was absolutely disgusting. There also seemed to be only one egg cup between about 30 people.
It's not worth the money, only stay if you are desperate.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nixerella

Travelers are raving about these Bolsward hotels

Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 13, 2009

I stayed for 3 nights with my mother for the easter holiday. The bar/restaurant area on the ground floor looks very nice. In our arrangement breakfast and dinner was included.
You could choose from 4 different meals within the arrangment menu. Food was OK but not very special. You could choose a better quality surprise menu if you were willing to pay 15 euros extra (per person). Hotel rooms are very small and lack any comfort. It's like you step back in time and find a cramped hotelrroom in the attack with a tiny bathroom with shower like you would find in some hotels in 60s or 70s. No decorations in the room (execpt for one ugly advertising poster). Very noisy, traffic and people outside the hotel till late in the night. Rooms are clean and staff is kind and helpful though.

• Stayed April 2009
1 Thank Mano40
Sunshine Coast Queensland Australia
Reviewed June 5, 2007

We had a night at this hotel, while exploring our family history. I had the impression from other family members that Bolsward, in Friesland (nearest regional town is Sneek) was quite tiny.I also expected this hotel to be tired, and third rate, according to comments from relatives. As I believed our choice was very limited, I took the chance and booked the de Wijnberg.
I was wrong on both counts! Bolsward is a delightful town of 10,000 people. Very quiet and clean, criss-crossed by canals. The locals were very courteous. We arrived in Bolsward by train and bus. At 150 km from Amsterdam, car would be a lot quicker, but we enjoyed the scenery.
We arrived at the hotel after walking 1 km with our luggage from the bus station. All flat ground, so it was not difficult.
We were delighted when we walked into the bar and restaurant area of the hotel. Warm timber furnishings and a hospitable atmosphere greeted us. On a showery Sunday afternoon, it was a popular place for the locals to meet.
Our rooms were clean and fresh- the double room had twin beds,, and my daughter had a tiny room to herself. Each had its own bathroom. Meals were very nice- seeing locals eating there was a good sign. We found the staff very friendly and helpful. It seems that the hotel was closed for three months while under going renovations, and re-opened in February. Breakfast was included in our tariff. This hotel was a lovely surprise.

• Liked — Its Dutch/European decor and warm atmosphere
  • Disliked — Rooms (new) still need some more colour in them. Mostly neutral and white during our stay.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
UK
Reviewed February 7, 2007

Bolsward is lovely and this is the best hotel in town, but that is a title easily earned!! Not too much choice. The single room is very small, but breakfast is fine. When checking out the wrong rate was entered when booked, but it was quickly sorted out.

• Stayed December 2006
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolsward
It Ankerplak
#2 of 3 in Sneek
Hotel-Restaurant De Stadsherberg
WestCord WTC Hotel Leeuwarden
Hotel Galamadammen Restaurant Jachthavens

Been to Hotel-Restaurant De Wijnberg? Share your experiences!