“Good food, nice ambiance, but placed is quite packed”

Bella Italia - Ristorante & Pizzeria
Ranked #2 of 94 Restaurants in Assen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Rijswijk, The Netherlands
“Good food, nice ambiance, but placed is quite packed”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

It's a large restautant and the tables are place very close to eachother. The choice of pizza and pasta is enormous. The portions are big. We had a starter and couldn't finish the pizza.

• Visited March 2014

Helensburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Much enjoyed”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

If you ever have the pleasure of visiting Assen then I really recommend this restaurant . As soon as you walk in you are greeted with delicious smells and a warm welcome .
We went as a family of four on two occasions and really enjoyed the delcious generous portions . We always had pizza so can't comment on the rest but certainly was one of the best pizzas we've eaten . Also tried various deserts which were very tasty too ! Service was warm and friendly though slow on the 1st night even though not busy whereas on the 2nd night which was very busy - much quicker. Not that it mattered to us and I think as a Brit abroad you must remember that fast service isn't priority . It is certainly very warm and friendly though ! Would go back !

• Visited October 2012
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Generous tasty helpings”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The Bella Italia is a fairly large Italian restaurant on the Market square opposite De Nieuwe Kolk in Assen. Apart from pizzas they serve a fairly large menu of Italian food, including fish and meat dishes. Despite being quite full on a Thursday evening the service was quick, food arrived quickly enough as well. Red house wine was delicious and a large glass full and came with a generous bread basket with garlic butter. Tap water came at no additional cost.

Warm food very generous helpings and very tasty, the fillet of beef in Gorgonzola sauce was outstanding. The slices of porc in white wine sauce likewise. The pizza Hawaii was also good. Main courses were served with fries and salad.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Hermes_NL
Assen, NL
“Great food but someone forgot our appetizers :(”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Hubby ordered a pizza 'capricciosa' , while I had the 'spaghetti bella italia' and they were excellent. The only downside was that our appetizers were forgotten and I had to call back our waitress to remind her. What was annoying was that she kept passing our table already and simply didn't remember we were supposed to have appetizers.

Not surprisingly, our main courses came while we were still busy with the late appetizers. However, they were brought back to the kitchen and when we finally asked for them, hubby and I noted that they were freshly made (and not just kept on warm till we asked for them).

Overall, great value for money and we will be back because the food was really great.

• Visited April 2012
Ravenna
“Very good pizza's!”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Since I live in Italy, finding a good pizzeria in the Netherlands is not always easy. Usually, I try to avoid any pizzeria here, but I came here with a group of colleagues, so basically had to. I must say I was pleasantly surprised! I went for a simple Napoletana, and the ingredients on the pizza are fresh, which is a good sign, and also the dough was of good quality. This was also the case on the pizza's of my colleagues even the 'Frutti di mare' with fish. Also, it was a Thursday before Christmas and the place was packed, so apparently a popular restaurant. If you're in Assen and you're looking for a good pizza, I would recommend this place.

• Visited December 2011