“Fantastic”

Ranked #2 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Longnor
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Longnor Craft Centre and Coffee Shop has been a family run business in the heart of the Peak District since the Fox family opened it in 1991. Sit and relax whilst enjoying the comfort of our handmade furniture, sample our range of light lunches, delicious cakes and scones all freshly made on the premises. The work of many local craftspeople is on display for you to enjoy whilst soaking up the atmosphere of the open-plan layout. Free parking is readily available in front of the Craft Centre on the market square.
Bakewell, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We have been coming here for many years. It is always friendly, the food is fantastic. The cakes and scones are super and the filled oatcakes are delicious. In addition, they have a constantly changing display of local artists and photographers works for sale. It is also the showroom for Fox Furniture which is all beautifully handmade by Peter Fox. He made a dining table and chairs for us a few years ago and they are lovely. It is well worth a visit.

1 Thank HenryStanley

Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Oasis in the rain”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Well we had to choose today to go check potential holiday homes, it rained and rained and even rained on the rain ! Awful day so we had a look at a few and stopped for a comfort break in Longnor and oh the ray of sunlight !. We parked outside what looked like an old library or town hall but the photos looked inviting so in we went. Masterstroke !

A lovely setting with a well structured mezzanine floor all in turned wood, loads of framed photos and many other craft items, a nice feeling.

We ordered homeade soup and tuna sandwich which were super.

We were served by a very pleasant young lady who was the grand daughter of the owner and chef and also the daughter of the quality furniture maker.

Prices are good too, great value for money.

The only problem arose was when I ordered the fresh sultana scone it was so yummy. Now you know when you see something and think wow can't wait to get at it ? Well the nice young lady brings a second plate for my wife as she felt my wife would like to try it ! My scone ! I responded lamely 'whose side are you on ?' The reply "The ladies of course!" So guys beware.

Seriously loved and people and the place and will be revisiting.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank NomadicWolves
Mobberley, United Kingdom
“A credit to the village!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We were out touring in the area and came upon Longnor by chance. What a charming village with a good choice of coffee shops and a chippy. We were spoilt for choice, so we went in the craft centre and browsed the superb "Fox" furniture.

We then ordered a cup of tea and a hot chocolate from an extremely pleasant young lady, whom it turned out is the daughter of Peter Fox the craftsman who creates all the fantastic furniture! The young lady was so charming and courteous and talked to us for a while till new customers appeared.

My wife enjoyed a "really good cuppa" and me the chocolate. I'd normally (grudgingly) expect to pay about £5.30 for the two and was very pleasantly surprised at £2.70!!

We shall be back to Longnor and in fairneess will try the other establishments. But they've got a tough act to follow!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank 2oldfarts
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Amazing value, felt so welcome”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I visit the Coffee Shop every time I am in the area! Everytime i feel so welcome, always greeted with a smile.
When i ordered Earl Grey, they offered me milk or lemon- was lovely to have the option. Extra hot water was provided with the option of a refill if needed.
Was lovely to have a browse around the lovely crafts where i brought a few christmas presents!
Lovely Coffee Shop, cant wait for my next visit!!

• Visited November 2013
scotland
“Very reasonably priced cakes & tea”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I, along with our friend, called into the tea room on the way back from our walk last weekend. We arrived at 2 minutes to 5pm when the tea room was due to close but the owners kindly agreed to accommodate us thirsty walkers!

There was a good selection of cakes on offer considering it was so late in the day. I had tasty ginger cake and the boys had scones, all washed down with a large pot of tea.

We couldn't believe it when we got the bill and found how cheap it was - this tea room is a credit to the Peak District and goes to show how much the majority of other establishments are ripping tourists off by charging the earth!!

The only thing that let the tea room down (and hence the 4 out of 5 rating) was, just before we left, the lady behind the counter told us of all the various ailments afflicting various members of staff, which included gastroenteritis and flu symptoms - rather a case of "too much information"!!!! Having said that, we would definitely return to this tearoom, hopefully to find the staff in better health!

• Visited October 2013