“Average at best”

Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Longnor
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Passed through Longnor & purchased two sandwiches from the shop. Very basic fair. Cheap white bread slightly stale & at £2.70 a pop slightly extortionate.

Wouldn't recommend as I would expect & gave had better elsewhere for half the price.

RachelMandy, Owner at Cobbles tea room, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that your experience did not reflect the standards we aim to achieve. Our sandwiches are made to order using fresh ingredients and the price for take away sandwiches remains at £2.50

There are newer reviews for Cobbles tea room

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Went here for a final meal on the morning of our departure from Longnor. I had breakfast that was well cooked with decent thick bacon and a lovely meaty sausage from a local butcher and was good value. They were happy to provide gluten-free bread for the toast that came with it which was a nice touch. Good filter coffee with free refills and a decent pot of tea. My partner had a Bakewell tart which she enjoyed, our parents had tea cakes which were nice, but came ready "buttered" with a spread that didn't taste like butter - but this is a minor quibble.

Really friendly staff and a great relaxed atmosphere in a nice location

Reviewed June 7, 2014

This is a great little tea shop on the cobbles in Longnor. Great view of the village and then across the moorlands towards Warslow. Great selection of home baked cakes. I use this place a lot and it never fails to were, welcoming and tasty.

1  Thank plaistowboy
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I like visiting proper tea rooms and my visit to Cobbles was very enjoyable. As we were staying in the Crewe & Harpur opposite Cobbles, it was an easy walk across the road. I would quite happily plan to walk to Longnor to visit again.

Cobbles is what I call a proper tea room. It is situated on the square in the middle of Longnor. As other reviewers have noted, it would make an excellent stop on a walk or cycle.

The staff are friendly and there is a good menu for a small tea room. We visited for a piece of afternoon cake. I had a piece of their large and tasty coffee and walnut cake. I really do recommend this. The day was sunny and there was plenty of seating inside and out. A nice touch was that on the table there was things to read, including a book about Longnor,

Well worth a visit. Should I be back in the area, I will definitely go back for another visit.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Really friendly little place. Great savoury food and cakes, at very reasonable prices, washed down with good coffee, and free refills - a great touch. And in a lovely square, in a lovely village, in lovely countryside. Perfect.

1  Thank petesmart