“A proper tea room”

Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Longnor
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I like visiting proper tea rooms and my visit to Cobbles was very enjoyable. As we were staying in the Crewe & Harpur opposite Cobbles, it was an easy walk across the road. I would quite happily plan to walk to Longnor to visit again.

Cobbles is what I call a proper tea room. It is situated on the square in the middle of Longnor. As other reviewers have noted, it would make an excellent stop on a walk or cycle.

The staff are friendly and there is a good menu for a small tea room. We visited for a piece of afternoon cake. I had a piece of their large and tasty coffee and walnut cake. I really do recommend this. The day was sunny and there was plenty of seating inside and out. A nice touch was that on the table there was things to read, including a book about Longnor,

Well worth a visit. Should I be back in the area, I will definitely go back for another visit.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Really friendly little place. Great savoury food and cakes, at very reasonable prices, washed down with good coffee, and free refills - a great touch. And in a lovely square, in a lovely village, in lovely countryside. Perfect.

1  Thank petesmart
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Really quaint little tea rooms. The new owner was kind enough to reserve us 5 cream teas when I rang her a few days earlier. Drove around 30 miles for this treat on the recommendation of other Tripadviser reviewers. Well worth it.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Planning a cycle ride out into Derbyshire, I stumbled across this cafe exactly mid point in our ride.

We arrived ready for a feed but unfortunately a group of 8 cyclists had just arrived before us. Expecting a long wait we ordered and took a seat outside. To our surprise the food came out super quick.

Overall the quality and service of this little cafe are superb and they are definetly cyclist friendly. Now looking forward to visiting again with my family on a walk in the area.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We recently had a nice drive to the Roaches in the Staffordshire Moorlands and eventually arrived at the small village of Longnor. We found the Cobbles Tea & Coffee shop where we were made very welcome, and enjoyed very nice toasted tea cakes and Pot of tea. We understand that this shop has recently come under new ownership and we hope they do well. They are open Tuesday to Sundays, although the winter hours may vary.Their cream teas are very good value!!

1  Thank BuBuHu