All reviews close to the airport business hotel nice pool modern hotel beau vallon beach breakfast buffet marina view short stay shopping mall infinity pool man made island deluxe room restaurant staff perfect hotel mini bar free shuttle shuttle service
Selected filters
Reviewed May 9, 2019

We arrived for only one night but due to some problems with flights of Kenya Airways extended our stay to 3 nights.
Michael and Christopher(he was at the Raffles) were so extremely nice and helpful.
the location will blow your mind.
You get your own buggy and can register your fingerprint and drive to your own duplex suite. The 3 bedroom suite was simply stunning. How is it to wake up with a marina full of beautiful yachts in front of you.
The swimming pool was excellent and a savoiur to us.
We had a problem with one of our Tours booked that made us have a rough start, but Michael solved all of our problems and found us Roddie as a driver and our Tour guide.
He showed us all the beauty of the island and we will surely come back.
Patrick our driver to and from the airport was so great too. He even smsed us later asking if we are fine and have arrived.
The food for breakfast was very nice too, the lunch and dinner was so so.

As our flight had a 6 hour delay and we travelled with 3 small kids, we asked for a check out. Not only was it made complementary, but it was even extended for free until 20:30 hours.

We loved this Hotel and will make it heard everywhere. Its a great base to explore the Island.
Thank you for everything !! We will be back!

Room tip: Choose a 2-3 bed room suite with a view if travelling with a family
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Poor breakfast, small pool, no beach, no spa, no events in the evening time, the Shower place is open no privacy in the room. Not good for family. Also espensive,

Just stay away.

All things are just If you stay at the hotel. Because, the villas are perfect but ıf you have more money....

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

Hotel is about 10 min drive from Airport, and a taxi will cost you about 30$.
I found moust of the hotel staff very friendly and a nice ambiance and hotel location.
The room was cleaned and tidy, bathroom had toiletries (except toothbrush and toothpaste).
There is daily free shuttle bus to/from hotel to Beau Vallon beach (hotel doesn't have access to beach).
There are few restaurants around the hotel (one local beer is around 100 rupees).
You can visit Victoria and it's botanical garden (as one day trip). Natural History Museum is under renovation unfortunately.
You may book one day trip to visit Praslin and La digue island (around 140 eur /person).
Unfortunately i had twisted my ankle during this trip and then i realised that this country is not best place for people with disabilities (very few places for using thw wheelchair) so bear this in mind.
Overall very nice and relaxing holiday.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2019

We stayed for two nights before as well as two night after our sail. After arriving from our overnight flight the staff worked hard to get us into our room as soon as possible. They were very kind and accommodating. Our room, 007, was on the main floor and had a terrace that was very private. The room was clean, comfortable, well appointed and very quiet. While the view from this room is of the garden, we didn’t mind since we would be living on a sailboat for a week. The buffet style breakfast is excellent. The pool is very pretty and quite warm, too warm for a serious swim. There are nice fluffy bath towels and hand towels, but no wash cloths. We asked the maid and she didn’t know what we were asking for, so I guess they are not used in this part of the world.
On our return we stayed in room 008, right next door to the first room. This room was a little more worn but still comfortable. Our stay was very relaxing and the staff we interacted with were kind and efficient. The location is excellent, not far from the airport and a right at the marina, with many shops and restaurants to walk to. We would certainly stay here again and recommend it to our friends.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank HappySail0r
Reviewed March 16, 2019

I stayed here 4 nights as of 08 02 2019.
- I arrived early at 09:00 before official check in time. Although in most hotels of this category room is provided if available, the girl at the reception (who was not polite with me) said no room was available. I had to wait 3,5 hrs in the lobby. I am sure there were rooms available as I saw many people leaving the hotels and many international flights leave early…
- The girl gave me a 'nice' (joking!) room : first floor and with a 'nice' view : a wall all in front of me … not exactly what I was waiting !
- AC was not functioning. It had to be fixed : this was done only 4 hrs (!!) after I said that to the girl at the reception.
- Soap was not available and changed on the 2nd night. I had to request.

The only positive point is location if u are sailing (located on the marina) and also when flying out early (airport is close)

Date of stay: February 2019