“top class food ,lovely nice and friendly staff”
Review of The Ivy - CLOSED

The Ivy
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I came to ivy last saturday with my partner and another couple. We are a fan of our indian cuisine so decided to taste the Ivy. We all had starters and main courses. All of us opted for Indian cuisine. We all tasted and shared the mains. The king prawn saag was just fabulous to die for. The Tikka malasa was another fantastic dish. Our table was well looked after my our food server and we were welcomed by a friendly manageress who seated us to our table.After our meal we sat in the bar where there was live music... Prices extremely reasonable I would highly recommend the ivy.

There are newer reviews for The Ivy

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I had booked my engagement meal here for 18 people. when we came in we were treated well had our starter it was good, then preceded the main, myself and 4 others had to wait on our main course while everyone else had theirs, the excuse was that they were waiting on the chips the problem in that being the 5 waiting did not order chips. eventually we got our mains when everyone else had finished theirs.. my father told a member of staff his main was not good nothing was done to rectifiy this.. upon paying my father preceded to tell the owner of the establishment that the main was terrible and no one at the table who had the 50/50 main course was impressed the beef was inedible. upon this the owner said this should have been aired when the main course was at the table not upon paying, he then told her he had complained to one of the waitresses the owner told him he the waitress was a junior member of staff and he should have complained to senior staff.. the question being how was anyone to know this??!!the owner then started raising her voice at my father calling him an ignoramous and a showman and said that he was very abusive.. upon hearing this my grandmother complained and some of the others at the party about the food . when she heard these complaints she never apologised once and said her food was good. the bill for this was over 400 euros in upon paying this she told my father he was barred and if he did not leave she would call the gaurds. BOTTOM LINE this restaurant cannot deal with critisim well... I would tell anyone that is going there DONT, they ruined the night and i have never been as embarrassed in all my life. if you are in a restaurant and food is not great the customer has every right to complain..

6  Thank lou l
LittleIndiaTheIvy, Owner at The Ivy, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dearest customer,

we very much welcome and appreciate your comments, as both negative and positive feedback can only help the growth of our business. We are saddened that you are not within the majority that really enjoy every visit to our new restaurant, and can assure you that this incident was our first and last.

We did assure your party that all criticism was good and that our meat was sourced locally on a daily basis and that we would look into this. We have a very professional outlook on every aspect of our business but as you experienced we have a non tolerance level when it comes to abusing staff . Although we do realise that you were out to enjoy yourselves and have a few drinks On this special occasion, I'm afraid we do have this policy of not tolerance to abusing staff. Thank you kindly for all your efforts in sharing your experience with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I attended here for a very special family occasion. At start the staff where over the top nice, which was great! Starter was nice, then came the main it was just horrible!! I never tasted anything like it ever! When we complained the staffs attitude completely changed they just could not deal with criticism especially the manager, she turned very nasty. I will certainly not be back and most definitely would not recommend it.

Dearest customer,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We attended the Ivy on New Year's Eve. It was such an amazing night. We were welcomed with mulled wine. We had an excellent meal and the setting was as good as any wedding with beautiful seat covers and matching table covers. The service was also excellent even though they were catering for a large crowd. We were serenaded by a violinist while we dined. There was music and dancing after the meal. Each table was also given a bottle of bubbly to toast the New Year. There were some fireworks and a piper to also celebrate the New Year. The price for this was so reasonable and I hope we will get the opportunity to go again next year.

1  Thank Cepta607
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful setting friendly staff and one of the best Indian food. Very highly recommended. Five star service and beautiful Sunday carvary

2  Thank johngallagh