“Come back Mali!”

Cuisines: Thai
Ireland
“Come back Mali!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We visited the wonderful Mali's Greenhouse in November and had one of the best Thai meals ever. The food was extraordinarily fresh and beautifully presented and portions were generous. Service was prompt and everyone was extremely welcoming. We couldn't wait to go back. Next visit to Stranorlar was early January and we headed straight to Mali's for another wonderful Thai experience. Imagine our disappointment when we found the place closed, and a local told us that they had shut just before Christmas. What a shame. I truly wish they would reopen :(

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank thecraicis90

Donegal
“Not good”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Very disappointing. The quality of the food was terrible. My stir fry was like a soup. The vegetables were catering quality and the chicken was rubbery. Save your money and your digestive system!!

Ballybofey, Ireland
“Love the food and staff are very friendly and attends your needs very well.”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

It's great for family dinner and special celebrations...love it and please do try it. We dine in to celebrate my daughters 16th birthday and we booked ahead with our orders and they give us great deals and suggestions of food which is brilliant. When we arrived,the table are set and our food was ready in a click. The place is very homely and warm. Feels like just your extension home, my kids are relax and enjoys the food.

• Visited October 2013
Ballycastle, United Kingdom
“What a surprise!!!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I were staying in Ballybofey and wanted to try somewhere other than our hotel to eat. We had been out driving earlier in the day and spotted this restaurant, stopped to look at their menu and decided we would give it a try in the evening. We arrived and were immediately welcomed warmly and shown to our table. We were given time to order our drinks and select our menu choices and we were stunned at the range of choices available. We were brought complimentary prawn crackers which are usually bland and tasteless but these were definitely moreish. I had ordered the house spring rolls and my wife potato skins and when they came they were both substantial and absolutely delicious. For our mains I had ordered chicken red curry and my wife had ordered chicken satay, All I will say is WOW!! We struggled to finish the meal and both of us agree that we have never tasted such beautiful and flavoursome food. We commented on this to our waitress who said she would pass our comments on to the chef. A few minutes later the chef came out to our table and personally thanked us. We could not rate this restaurant high enough for its quality, quantity and value for money. A real gem

• Visited September 2013
Donegal
“Sorry, nowhere near good enough”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Local restaurant, so we gave it a go.
We are the only people there, seated and ordered drinks, they arrive 20 mins later. Ordered food and it takes forever to arrive, food is OK but nothing special at all.
Desert menu is something we didn't even contemplate, firstly because the choice was so poor and secondly we were fed up at this stage with the terrible service.
Quite simply, not good enough. Won't be back.

• Visited June 2013