Stranorlar Country House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Stranorlar
See available hotels
Dillons Hotel(Letterkenny)
  • Restaurant
Mount Errigal Hotel(Letterkenny)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is a real gem. Right off the main road but manages to feel quiet and secluded thanks to the lovely gardens surrounding this beautiful period house. We arrived on bikes which were whisked away to be stored while Evelyn brought us up homemade buns. The rooms are tastefully decorated with antiques and many original features. When we asked where we could hang washing, Evelyn offered to do it for us. It returned the following morning, dried and folded and she refused to take a penny for it. Breakfast was lovely, there was a selection of fresh fruit and a choice of dishes. Paddy and Evelyn really went out of their way to make staying in their house a pleasant experience. I hadn't stayed in a B and B for years, I've always preferred hotels, but this place converted me.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank NorthWestLulu
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed with my partner as we were attending a wedding at the Kees Hotel. The house is wonderful and the rooms are very cosy. The owners Paddy and Evelyn were amazing, made you feel welcome and were happy to help in any way they could. Shame we couldn't have stayed longer!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EnglandKaterina
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with another couple as we were attending a wedding in Jackson's Hotel. The house is beautiful, the rooms are so cosy and the room my friend ha at the front of the house was extra special. Our hosts, Paddy and Evelyn could not have been more warm and inviting. The breakfast was fantastic, we sat on in the breakfast room just chatting to Paddy and Evelyn and enjoying the food for quite some time. I found Stranorlar Country House much more comfortable and welcoming than a hotel and should I be in the area again would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front are really beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank gashwick
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My colleague and i had the pleasure of staying at Stranorlar Country House while travelling to Donegal for business reasons. We were greeted by Paddy on arrival, and a warmer greeting you would not receive at a top star hotel!. We were shown to our immaculate rooms which overlooked the beautiful and well manicured gardens and once we were settled in, Paddy brought Tea/Coffee and some cakes to our room. Breakfast the next morning was delicious and all tastes catered for. I could not fault Stranorlar Country House at all and hope to revisit soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Yvonne H
Reviewed July 29, 2012

wife and me landed in at this peaceful shangri la right in the middle of the car rally week-end though that was not the purpose of our visit! what a contrast! powerful, souped up cars fizzing about the place and all the while we could relax and enjoy the comfort and tranquility of this capacious house.Our hosts, Paddy and Evelyn, greeted us with an easy, informal warmth and that set the tone for a lovely, mellow manner of discourse.The breakfasts were truly superior and paddy was an entertaining and informative guide to matters both local and global! Evelyn facilitated our links to taxi services when our mobile coverage failed. The en-suite bedroom was restful and supplied all that was required.We can only recommend stranorlar country house in the most enthusiastic terms.B&Bs often emphasise their centrality for easy access to tourist-trail destinations but paddy and evelyn's little pocket paradise is a bewitching environment which stays in the mind long after other attractions have faded.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family