“Lovely little attraction”

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Lovely little attraction”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is only ¼ of a mile from the village of Lamphey and Lamphey Hall Hotel, and it a nice little attraciton. It only cost a £3 or £4 per adult to get into, and although we visited on the wettest day everit was really nice to look around. It's a small ruined palace, and I couldn't imagine even on a sunny day it'd take nay more than a couple of hours to fully explore.

Visited August 2012

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 160 helpful votes
“Serene Ruin”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is probably my perfect visit. An ancient building, well maintained and no one else around. This is so off the beaten track no one is even going to read this review (apart from Welsh Tourist employees who work there) BUT you're missing a treat if you enjoy C12th/C13th buildings. This is the bishop's "other" palace. (It was hard being a bishop!).
I love this sort of visit where you have a basic ruin and just have to imagine what it was like in its heyday. This is beautifully cared for building and a wonderfully investigative visit working out what each part of the building was. (No one reads the handouts do they?)
Came across it by accident really, having gone the the nearby Lamphey Hall for Sunday Lunch. Paired this visit with a lovely coffee at the nearby Lamphey Court Hotel: a bit worried they wouldn't serve me with grass clippings on my boots.
Small car park (but no visitors, so no problem!) around £3 per person. Well worth it for ancient building afficienados.
I had to ask Tripadvisor to put this page up so I could write a review, so I know no one's going to read this!!! But I hope you do and I hope you visit. It's definitely worth a detour. Change in to your posh shoes before going to the hotel, or they do a coffee on site at the Palace

Visited August 2012