1,033 results
All reviewslamphey courtsteam roomleisure facilitiesthe main hotelevening mealbeautiful buildingno lifttennis courtswelsh breakfastlovely settingrelaxing breaknight breaklovely roommy mumeggs benedictenjoyable staycouldn't fault
Reviewed August 14, 2018

I booked the spa day for myself and 2 othe friends for a weekend in April. We looked online at the brochure and decided to go for the revive package which at the time was advertised as 25 minute neck, back and shoulder massage. Upon arrival we filled in our health questionnaire stated our treatment and placed our order for dinner.
We were taken over to the restaurant at 12pm, but we had a long wait for someone to come and ask would we like any drinks. When our drinks finally arrived we waited for our food only to find the chicken missing from the chicken carbonara and an unusual tasting penne pasta. After wasting around an hour and a half for food, we finally made our way back over to the spa.
The therapist called each of us individually for our treatments for her to be extremely rude and say she didn't understand why we decided to change our treatments from facials to massages. We were all extremely confused by this after discussing our treatments with the receptionist a few days before and not once did they mention we'd changed our treatments. The massage was okay but I didn't feel overly relaxed after the way I was spoken to. After all 3 of us had had our treatments I found that both my friends had the same experience.
Unhappy with the experience overall and will look at visiting other spas in Pembrokeshire in the future.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
5  Thank kaw1232018
Reviewed August 14, 2018

Excellent hotel in a wonderful location, touch of class and with much history, superb bed was a bit small, but that’s the only criticism, would seek out Best Western in the future on the strength of this visit

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
3  Thank margpaulwilson
Reviewed August 12, 2018

Stayed at the hotel for a night with my wife and three teenagers. We had three rooms, 1in the West Wing overlooking the conservatory and spa entrance. Room was spotless, bed was so comfy and the bathroom bright and spacious. One East wing room overlooked the apple trees and was spacious, clean and perfect for the girls. The single room, also in the East Wing, for our son was just the job, spotless, big tv and spacious enough for one.

We used the spa which was amazing, good sized pool with large separate jacuzzi and a steam room. All very good and the changing rooms were spotlessly clean. Only compliant would be about another guest who complained about a young family group who who happily playing in the pool during the allotted family time. The staff member was very patient and explained the arrangements but no pleasing some people.

We had an evening meal which was delicious, i’d especially recommend the mussels and would have loved some more focaccia, next time I’ll be sure to request some. We had fish which was beautifully cooked and reasonably priced, the children had either steak which was at the high end of the price range but in fairness was enormous and very tender or the burger which was also delicious and great value.

Breakfast was lovely and the bagel options were well received so thanks to the chef for doing those. The salmon portion was massive but meant we didn’t need lunch!

All in all a great overnight stay and we will return but next time as a couple and we’ll take more time to enjoy the grounds.

Thanks to the staff especially the guy in the bar during the Friday afternoon who coped so well with a large family group and the other guests. Credit to him and all the team who looked after us.

This is my first review of any place we’ve stayed at but we all loved it so much I felt I had to.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Lolliepop70
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

A large group of us stayed at this hotel for a surprise birthday. Fab place and fab staff. So welcoming and couldn’t do enough for us. Food was excellent. We stayed in a family room where there was a field of sheep behind the building which our daughter thought was great. We were all mixed ages old and young. We all thoroughly enjoyed. Ignore the negative comments some people just haven’t got anything better to do than nit pick.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Freyacake
26tonyl, Owner at Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Dear Freya
I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay
I love your remark about ‘nit picking ‘ enough said but you are so right.
The team do try hard to please & will be delighted to see your comments
Again thank you very much for staying with us & we hope to see you & your family again.
Kind regards
Tony

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

As I grew in Wales, I’ve never been tempted to holiday there but with the amazing weather we’ve been having in the UK this year, we decided to have a little break away for our wedding anniversary. The Lamphey Court Hotel looked perfect as we were looking for a spa and some relaxation.

The pool and spa facilities were amazing, clean, not too busy and super relaxing! We used the tennis courts (which are free and they supply balls and rackets) and we ate lunch there most days, which was nice, great coffee! We stayed 3 nights in total - the hotel being so close to so many lovely beaches meant we had some day trips in Tenby and Freshwater East and still managed to make the most of the hotel facilities.

The only couple of downsides, which were actually what we had read on Tripadvisor before visiting - is that the rooms need a bit of modernising, they are clean and tidy but could do with a bit of TLC. We also ate at the hotel on the first night as arrived late and wanted to relax, we didn’t eat there again as the order got a little messed up and the evening food was way too over priced! But the daytime menu is really good.

Overall, the hotel is set in a beautiful location and we got the relaxation we needed! Plus some amazing weather. Would definitely stay there again and I’m now sold on holidays in Wales :)

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple