“Llamphey Court”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lamphey
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Llamphey Court”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This hotel really is super, great staff, great breakfasts, great situation close to coast & Pembroke & super leisure facilities including pool, gym and beauty treatments . I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Clare D, Manager at Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay, your comments on your visit have been passed on to the team and we look forward to your return in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Somerset
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I needed a hotel for one night only (before a stay at nearby Bluestone), and happened across this place on Laterooms, so I wasn't really sure what I was going to get (hadn't done any research).

Boy, did we get lucky. Had a lovely family suite, with a large master bedroom/lounge, and separate room for children. Probably one of the best family rooms/suites I have had, certainly at this price point (approx £130 b&b pn).

The location is just wonderful, nestled in south Pembrokeshire, well away from any roads, with the interesting Bishops Palace ruins right on your door step. Lots to do in the vacinity, we headed for the National Trust coast at Stackpole, highly recommended.

Didn't eat supper in the hotel (but will next time), but the small bar was comfy, the spa was worth a pre-breakfast session, and breakkie was very good. Oh, and the staff were all very friendly.

Definitely want to go back, just need to find the time!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feed back, we hope that you will stay with us again in the future. Your comments have been passed onto the team.

As you said we have large spacious Family rooms that have a double & 2 twin beds in our converted Coach House studio's.

We hope that you will get the opportunity to use our restaurant and sample our wide range of meals on your visit.
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2014

There was initially a mix up with our booking, which I had made through booking.com. We were told upon arrival that the booking had been cancelled and only a twin room was available. However, I think this was probably the fault of booking.com, not the hotel, as the reception staff were very apologetic and eager to compensate by giving us an upgrade for the following day. They moved our luggage for us, in our absence. The initial twin room was fine: clean and comfortable. The upgraded room (nr 7) was spacious, light and luxurious, with a huge bathroom. The spa area was spotlessly clean, calm, modern and well appointed. There are numerous patio doors opening onto a patio with views of the grounds, where one could sunbathe, weather permitting! All the staff we encountered were kind, friendly and attentive. I thought the stay was excellent value for money, given the quality of food, the level of service and the facilities. We have paid almost double to stay in similar hotels and had less attentive service. I should also mention that the breakfast was freshly cooked with no extra charge for options such as smoked salmon.It's worth paying more for a superior room. Also, check with the hotel, if you have booked with a hotel booking agency. A good choice for those seeking good food, lovely countryside and a relaxing spa!

Room Tip: Superior rooms only cost a little more and are worth it.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your stay with us. Your comments have been passed to the team & we are glad to see that you where happy with our service, food and rooms. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Please remember to call the hotel directly on 01646 672 273 for the best available prices.
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I booked two rooms to stay with you over the Easter weekend from Friday 29th March to Sunday 31st March 2013 and I was far from satisfied with the service we received and also with the holiday over all. We paid with Tesco Club card vouchers and I am wondering whether we were discriminated against because of this?

On booking the two rooms I requested they be near to each other if not next door. As it happened we were on two different floors. I realise it was only a request but it was felt that the hotel did not even try to accommodate the request.

On booking into room 22 I was very unhappy with the cleanliness of the room. The carpet had not been hoovered, the bath had hairs in it, as did the sink and the window sill had tea and coffee stains all over it. What can only be described as a back door to the room was wide open when we arrived also. I certainly did not think this was a satisfactory standard for a 4 star hotel.

When I telephoned reception the young lady was very nice and offered to change our room for us. We were then directed to a lovely room in the court yard, which we were really pleased with. However we were then told that we would have to vacate the room the following morning by 10.30am as someone else was due to check in to it. I was extremely disappointed to realise that guests who had not checked in were actually being made a priority over guests who were already checked in. She was unwilling to unallocated their rooms so that we could stay in ours for the two nights. Surely you would agree that this level of customer service is far from satisfactory in a hotel of your standard. Being 8 months pregnant I found it rather distressing to have to move rooms three times and not be able to unpack my suitcase properly. Also having to move the suitcases from room to room and put them back into the car to store until the other room was ready was unacceptable, i wasnt even offered assistance with my luggage.

In the room we were allocated the radiator was broken and was on full heat. I contacted reception and spoke to the night staff only to be told that they were aware that the radiator was broken but there was nothing they could do, so to open a window. As you can imagine the room was stiflingly hot and we were up most of the night. Again I am wondering whether you deem this to be acceptable in your hotel?

Our room on the second day was very disappointing. We were moved to room 230 which was both grubby and sticky. I did not ask to be moved again as I had had enough so we put up with it, however I do not feel the housekeeping team are working to the required four star standard of the hotel.

We then decided to have a coffee in the conservatory area which looked lovely. It took us 1 hour and 15 minutes to be seated, served and food delivered. There was only one other table in there being occupied so it should not have been too challenging for the waitress. By the time our food (one scone, and two toasted tea cakes) was delivered the toasted tea cakes were stone cold. I returned mine to be changed for a warm one and when it came back out it was soggy at the bottom and you could snap it in half it was so hard in the middle. It had simply been put in the microwave to heat up. Again I do not deem this satisfactory for a four star resort. I also wonder whether or not this would have been a food hygiene breech?

Check out was the worst experience of the weekend. There was an older lady on reception who decided to have an argument with the chef throughout check out. She ignored the queue for 10 minutes. She then called another guest to the desk and asked him to pay a bill. He therefore bypassed the whole queue and spent 5 minutes chatting and checking out. Again being 8 months pregnant, having to stand in a boiling hot reception for 25 minutes only for the receptionist to rudely snatch my key off me was not acceptable.

I have written two complaint letters and i am still waiting to hear back from the hotel over a year later. Again poor customer service.

I would appreciate a reply

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Clare D, Manager at Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Good Morning Lindsay B,

I apologise that your stay with us did not meet your expectations.

I can confirm that we do not discriminate against Tesco's vouchers, however they do entitle you to a standard room, but this give no excuse for your cleaning comments.

We where fully booked throughout the Easter weekend giving us little or no room for maneuver with room allocation. We do try our best to up hold all guest requests where possible.

I would like to respond in full to all points raised, but before I do so will need to investigate the full occurrences. To do this I will need your details and would appreciate it if you could forward an e-mail for the attention of myself Clare so that I can do this.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Travelers are raving about these Lamphey hotels

Ludlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Kindly embarassed staff who must see peoples stunned reactions all the time.....reception hall greets you with a dreadful damp aroma, the bedrooms in house are dark and dreary, the studio....well ...one for rentokill I would suggest....dark.tacky and oooohhhh ..shudder. For best western to suggest this as a quality stately home hotel retreat with spa is simply outragious... We left the moment we arrived, giving up a prepaid room ..it was soo bad..

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank endaxi2013
Clare D, Manager at Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
I am sorry to hear you where not happy with the accommodation we provided. However I would like to discuss your views further.
If possible could you please contact us directly at the hotel, we would never want a guest to leave with such disappointment.
Our rooms are constantly maintained and a rolling refurbishment program has been on going over the pas 12 months with 13 out of the 39 rooms complete.
Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We arrived on Friday afternoon, and were welcomed by lovely reception staff who made check in so easy, our rooms were next door to each other which was fab, we eat both nights in the hotel restaurant and the food both nights was outstanding, we had breakfast as well as that was cooked fresh to requirements you could help yourself to toast, juice and cereals. Pool and spa were clean and lovely area really quiet and chilled out area with no hustle or bustle, lovely outdoor patio area for you to enjoy a drink if the weather is kind to you, staff are very friendly and couldn't do enough for us when we were there, would definitely recommend

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Clare D, Manager at Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you Ladies, it was a pleasure to have you here, we are glad that you enjoyed. Your feedback is appreciated & has been passed onto the team.

As you are only down the road, don't forget that we also do SPA DAY packages starting from £35 per person including Lunch.

Call 01646 672 273 for more information, we look forward to seeing you again and wish you the best with your up coming wedding.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lamphey
Heywood Spa Hotel
#3 of 6 in Haverfordwest
Beggars Reach Hotel
Beggars Reach Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burton

Been to Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!