“A mixed experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Fox Inn

The Fox Inn
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ashton Keynes
“A mixed experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Came for lunch on a Wednesday afternoon with my wife and son. Made a booking by telephone in advance and was promptly seated upon arrival.
The menu changes daily, which is quite an interesting twist, but based upon my meal, I wouldn't rush to make the trip again.
I ordered the half lobster, which I'm afraid to say was dry, rubbery and tough and all it was served with was a huge portion(3/4 of the plate) of crispy french fries and a side salad. I would expect something a bit more special for £18.
The reason for the mixed experience is that my wife ordered the partridge (at £15.50 I think), which she thoroughly enjoyed and upon sampling myself, was quite tasty and succulent.
The price range is a little above more than I feel comfortable paying (happy with mains anywhere between £10 - £15), so I was a little bit disappointed with the quality.
However, the staff were polite and attentive and the pub is decorated nicely and kept in immaculate condition.

• Visited January 2013

Cotswolds UK
“Best in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our favourite place, cosy and excellent food and much better value than the Horse Groom in the same village.Great atmosphere and good outside in the summer....if you are lucky!!

Visited October 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A very English pub restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

We wanted to meet with our nephews and neices for dinner so visited the Fox Inn to check it out first. A lovely little Gloucestershire village and delightful pub. We were able to book a table in person and arrived later that evening to a bustling restaurant. Most enjoyable evening with food to suit all tastes, even two vegetarians. Patient waiters as there were six of us all of whom arrived at different times.

• Visited November 2012
hampshire
“excellent local hostelry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

delicous meal and very good service. Recommended by the Old School and well worth the 5 minute drive from Little Compton. Highly recommended

Visited November 2012
Poole, United Kingdom
“Disappointed but not surprised”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Having read reviews on this very atmospheric inn we decided to go there for dinner. However, all the reviews which we had read suggested the food was good but the staff were indifferent and this was certainly the case when we visited. There was no welcoming or helpful approach from the staff and if nothing changes this beautiful inn will not survive in these days of austerity.

• Visited December 2012