Review Highlights

Reviewed September 24, 2018
DopeyMo
Pretoria, South Africa
via mobile

All reviews game reserve lake eland zip line suspension bridge amazing experience afraid of heights oribi gorge whole family great fun views are amazing great value for money off road speed platform rush adrenaline thrill
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Spectacular and Thrilling adventure. A must do for all, absolutely fun. 14 Zips across 45kms followed by a drive up the gorge on a 4x4 exhilarating.

My only negative critique is you get very thirsty during the zips, no water or drinks available until the zip line was completed.

However I would do it all over again.

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

This is well worth doing. Some of the best views of Oribi Gorge and lake Eland. It was a bit windy when we went so some of the lines did not go as fast as they could but what a thrill. And a lot of good exercise if you get stuck in the middle because of the wind. Our guide Nancy was super and ensured we had a great time. Would devotedly go back.

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Drove down from north of Durban whilst on hols. Really worth it. Did both the 14 zip line tour and then followed it up with the Xtreme. All the family loved it and you certainly get some speed up on the Xtreme. But worth doing both. Great to also see Giraffe and Zebra on the drive to and take in the awesome views over the gorge. A great way to end our holiday in South Africa. Thanks

Reviewed August 21, 2018

really enjoyed the experience, beautiful views.
Maybe went too quickly, there were other couples behind us though.
could have been told to visit the caves.
guides were helpful

Reviewed July 25, 2018

Four of us did the 14 zip lines and had a blast. The lines are a great mixture - some tamer than others - with some being extremely high and fast. Views are amazing. We arrived about 10.30 and had about an hour wait before we got going (you can't prebook, it's first come first served). Two of us also did the extreme zipline - AMAZING! Prices compared to UK are reasonable and everything felt extremely safe and well organised

You can easily spend a full day at Lake Eland as there is also a nice suspension bridge and lots of trails to follow for animals.

Not to be confused with Wild5 Adventures at Oribi Gorge (that also has a zipline and suspension bridge). We visited both - Lake Eland is much better for both ziplining and has a much more impressive suspension bridge, although Wild5 does have some excellent walks, abseiling and For the true adrenaline junkie the Big Swing.

Reviewed July 14, 2018

What a great experience! Just the two of us with two lovely, professional guides (Nanci and Zikhona) and 14 zip lines, most of which were long and high. REally great value for money we thought. Will repeat as soon as possible!

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

The 14 stage zipline is such a wonderful experience! The staff are marvellous.

The extreme zipline is SO exhilarating. I can't wait to do it again! I would strongly recommend it. The best in the South Africa for sure. Very safe. Wonderful staff.

Reviewed April 20, 2018

Even for the faint-of-heart, this is something you must try do. As a lover of all things extreme, I had to do this, and dragged my apprehensive other half with me. All apprehension fell out the window after the first line, she loved it. The ladies that take you from line-to-line are very experienced and friendly, always with a smile on their face. At some points you are roughly 300m above ground, and can reach speeds of anything between 37-100kmh depending on the line. It took roughly 1.5 hours for five of us to go through.
The suspension bridge is always a treat for me, been many times. This time was a bit windy, but still great to conquer.

Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

What a place! I had lots and lots of fun! The farm is scenic and worth every cent and time spent! I recommend all visitors do the zipline and go on the suspension bridge! I would return over and over again!!!

Reviewed March 13, 2018

We visited the Lake Eland Game Reserve for the Zip Lines. I have never done it before and was a bit afraid at first but the two guides, Zikhona and Vuyokazi, put me at ease. The views are amazing! All the equipment is very well maintained and staff professional! We will visit again!