“Gastronomic delight”

The Fisherman's Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Birgham
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Went to celebrate a birthday and once again so well fed and looked after. Even a candle on the pudding.
Good luck with your next added venture at The Border, Yetholm. Yet another place I'm sure we shall be visiting for your culinary delights and hospitality.
Looking forward to another visit at The Fishermans.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were just passing through and looking for somewhere for an evening meal. A great choice of starters. The mains were well presented and tasty. Service was very good. I would definitely recommend the pub and revisit. Much better than normal pub grub.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We have passed by this pub-restaurant many times but have never stopped before today, wow we have been missing a lot. It is lovely kind of olde world and the food is out of this world. We had two courses each, both had fisherman's fish pie which was absolutely mouth watering, best fish pie I've ever tasted and we both had lemon posset for dessert which was also delicious. Everything was beautifully presented and, although it took quite a while between ordering and being fed, it was well worth waiting for and proved it was cooked to order Very highly recommended indeed!!!.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stopped off at the Fisherman's Arms on way home from day trip, we were lucky enough to get a table, having studied the menu we decided to give the starters a miss, although they all looked delicious, in favour of one of their mouthwatering desserts. Of the main courses I had the venison and haggis meatballs with a heather honey and whisky sauce, asparagus and creamed potatoes, whilst my wife had chicken breast stuffed with brie, wrapped in smoked bacon and pesto sauce, again with asparagus and creamed potatoes and a selection of veg. Both dishes were absolutely delicious, and portions were of a good size. Enough room for dessert, so I chose white chocolate chip bread and butter pudding, my wife the raspberry crannachan with shortbread...mmmm...to die for. Will definitely return again, but to avoid any disappointment I have their card and will be calling ahead to book. In my opinion never mind 5 star, I would give it a 6.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Staying in nearby Coldstream, we were advised to try the Fisherman's Arms. Good advice!
If it were your local you'd be happy just to drink and socialise; as a restaurant it offers good choice, quality, and nice staff.
I had a haggis balls starter - ordinary, but my own fault as the options of two of my three fellow diners were much better; then belly pork stuffed with Stornaway black pudding, which has superb vegetables and mash as accompaniments. My wife opted for scallops as a mains, and we shared "local" cheeseboard as a nice dessert. Total of £30 per head was about right for the quality, service and atmosphere.