“Such an expensive meal”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed March 10, 2014

It is a beautiful restaurant and lots of fantastic paintings but I can't say that the food lived up to the prices, it is nothing special and more expensive than a gourmet meal in France, it was so disappointing. Had calf liver for 55CHF - my word and then a water on top of that for 7.

1  Thank AnnCederhall
Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch following a friend recommendation. The two floors restaurant is decorated with originals paintings of Picaso, Shagal, Miro and others,
Very impressive setting...
The food itself was nice traditional dishes we enjoyed. Worth a visit for the combination of art and food

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I returned there after many years. Always good. If you like to eat well in an atmosphere full of art don't miss it. The service is very good. Food delicious.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I just read the review that was called " Way overpriced for mediocre food" - I wish I had read that before I went. I completely agree. I ordered the young chicken - there was so much salt on it I could barely eat it. My travelling companion had the boiled beef which was tasteless and also over salted. Very expensive compared to other places we found in Zurich. Stay away - you have been warned.

2  Thank bostontraveller56
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Our food was delicious and our waiter was outstanding. Excellent! We loved the artwork and entire experience.