“Hate it!”

Dining options: Reservations
Zurich, Switzerland
“Hate it!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Horrible place. Terrible food. Late service. Cold. Too crowded with tables. Not clean. No phone signal. Very expensive.

I can't believe they still exist anyway!

• Visited March 2013

Zurich, Switzerland
“Terrible service and a rude waiter”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We went there on Friday night. It took the waiter ages to take our order for drinks not to mention the order for food. Food was ok but nothing special. When we had finished dinner it took them again 30 minutes and actually they only reacted to me asking for the bill.
The bill came and the waiter had made a mistake. He charged us more than double. Basically he mixed up our bill with the couple next to us. Though this is not what I am complaining about. It is a mistake and mistakes happen. What earns this place the bad review is what happened later.
I made him aware of the mistake and he brought the new bill. I was asked me to calculate how much we would get back. I sorted out the math and told the waiter how much he needs to refund us.
He wanted to deduct his tip of the refund. And to top that whole thing off he becomes aggressive and really unfriendly. He was rude and completely inappropriate. The manager just stood next to that scene and did not even intervene. Any normal restaurant manager would apologise for the mistake.
Not going there again.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank S L
Oberrieden, Switzerland
“OK food, but horrible prices and horrible service!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

NEVER AGAIN! There is way better and cheaper lebanese food with better atmosphere and better service than this restaurant! I feel like I'm a victim of theft with all the money I've spent there! We had a Groupon Voucher, on which (yes that's my mistake!) on the tinest of tiny parts it said that it's only valid on Sunday - Wednesday night! and we went on a thursday. OK... my fault. But i asked whether he could ask the manager whether they could make an exception because I'm already there,... he rudely said no, he didnt even ask the manager! So i was stuck and had to eat ther, and then go back because i had the voucher. They ask whether we would like to drink something, maybe some lebanese House wine? Of course, why not! That a glass of lebanese wine will be ridiculously expensive, they wont mention. The servers are not friendly, and the athmosphere is cramped and not nice. THe food is extremely overpriced (72.- for 8 mezze, and you won't have enough!!!), so you end up spending almost 120.- for wine, water, mezze and some coffee... and you will leave disappointed! It's not often that i give a bad rating on tripadvisor, because I have been in many places and eaten at many mediocre restaurants, and that all doesn't bother me. But don't make yourself up to be a premium restaurant, asking premium prices, if you can't deliver the quality (not just food, but the experience as a whole)! Yes the food was not bad, and that's the only reason I'm even giving them one star. But i will never go back to this restaurant, and i will not recommend it to anyone.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank TheSwissWayOfLife
Monza, Italy
“Dinner at lebanese”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

It was a tuesday night and we had a reservation. We ordered the 8 (dont remember the exact number) appetizers and the main dish (grilled meat and rice). Food was ok, but considering the lebanese options they could have done something better. It was ok with falafel, kibbeh and hommus, nothing particularly special. Meat was tender but could have been served better, i was expecting more from the main dish. They make you the 20% discount card which o believe you should start using already from the first dinner. Last note, garlic and onions are used a lot, you'll taste them in your mouth the following day.

Los Angeles, California
“Good variety of Lebanese food, nice service, not too crowded”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

There was no cellphone signal in this restaurant! :(

But the food was nice, and our group of 5 could linger and chat over a leisurely dinner.

We ordered the Mezze for 5 people for CHF 173. It was a mix of hot and cold dishes, mostly vegetarian, but some had meat. I liked the variety of food. Not sure what everything was, but there was hummus, some ground meat wrapped in dough and deep-fried, eggplant, flat green beans, some spicy dishes, potato, and falafel among them. And it came with unlimited warm pita bread.

I got a glass of prosecco to start, and our table shared a bottle of red wine. I had a bowl of rice pudding for dessert. It was thick and creamy with a light taste and topped with a generous amount of caramel rosewater sauce. Mmm...

Dinner was really yummy, suitable for vegetarians and meat-lovers alike, and a nice taste of Lebanese food. The server was really nice and spoke a bit of English, but mostly German. We split the bill 5 ways, and it came out to about CHF 70 each, which included tip. And they let us each pay separately using our credit cards with no problems.

• Visited October 2013