“good mexican, fine margheritas”

Desperado, Mexican Restaurant-Bar
Ranked #605 of 1,929 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good mexican, fine margheritas”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

was there in the evening, food and service was great, menu in german and english... margherita is a must there :-)

Visited June 2013

Zurich, Switzerland
“A poor and disappointing meal”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Located about two blocks from Wiedikon Bahnhof. I arrived just after the restaurant opened for lunch. The restaurant was generally orderly and desgined very colorfully. I ordered a beer and the chicken enchiladas. The waiter inquired if I wanted my dish on the spicier side, which I replied yes. My dish comes out on a platter with a side of salad, a side of so called spicy bland rice and two enchiladas and a spoon full of refried beans with a tortilla stuck in it.

Sad to say, but the best part of the meal along with the beer was the side salad. The chicken enchiladas were over-stuffed with a medley of chopped veggies and I saw a few whole beans as well covered in cheese and no discernable sauce. The poor excuse for spanish rice had lots of peppers, chilies, but was under cooked, on the crunchier side and lacked any flavor what so ever, as I did inform the waiter when he returned to collect my plate. The staff was generally friendly.

The bathrooms were clean, but there was no trash can. There was a hand dryer, but still no trash can to dispose of my chewing gum.

I would rate this visit as very poor and I definitely will not return again!

• Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great location, very friendly staff, good TexMex”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I'm from Texas and went there this week with a co-worker and was not disappointed. It's very hard to get the right ingredients outside the US, but these guys do a very good job. I had a Chicken Quesedilla and my co-worker had the Mexican salad, both were served promptly, very well done. I would recommend spicing the Mexican Rice a bit more, but that's a Texas thing and I do look forward to returning again!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank S6blr
Prague, Czech Republic
“Good Food with Good Service”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Excellent food quality and superb service. We took table outdoors and we paid 90 Euros for 2 starters, 4 main courses with drinks for 4 people.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Alexmeccti
Los Angeles, California
“Disgusting, disgusting, disgusting! :(”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I don't know why people tell me this place is good. Our food was completely inedible.

The rice was dry and hard like little rocks. The ground beef in the Burrito Azteca was also dry and hard. The flour tortillas were dry and crisp on the edges, as if they had been nuked too long in the microwave. The chicken and beef enchiladas were barely any better.

My sad little cup of refried beans had one lone chip in the middle and a weird taste that seemed a bit off. And everything was WAY too salty.

Dinner for two was CHF 67. This was the worst food I've ever eaten in Switzerland. We complained to the staff, and they apologized but didn't do anything about it. Two thumbs down.

• Visited April 2012