“Our wedding on the Lake of Zürich” 4 of 5 bubbles

Acqua
Ranked #1,376 of 1,875 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Swiss, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Zurich, Switzerland
“Our wedding on the Lake of Zürich”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

We planned our wedding reception at the Acqua Seerestaurant for the early afternoon to early evening an a Saturday. The reception was held on their bar / terrace overlooking lake Zürich. The event staff & team were very accommodating to our needs, even after we rescheduled the event on short notice. The staff's ideas combined with our own made it an unforgettable event. Our guests are still talking about it.

Thank you to the Acqua team for working with us and our other event suppliers and animators to make this day come off without a hitch.

You cannot beat the location and the prices are reasonable compared to other restaurants and bars on on the lake near the city

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Turkish first
“Zurich for beginners”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Bad manners of waiters, like mixing the wine,.. Not listening to ladies,... You ask for a rare entrecote and you got a shoe! Pls rate the restaurant not the place. Anyway in zurich there are plenty of those restaurants. Big price , bad service, bad food and some average ambient,...

Basel, Switzerland
“Company dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

We arranged a business group dinner for about 160 people, which for so many people could have been quite a challenge, but everything went extremely well. As the group of people came from numerous locations around the world it was important to impress them. The view from the restaurant was stunning with an all round panoramic view. The food was perfect, although as a meat eater the vegetarian meal did seem rather bland, but we did not receive any complaints from the vegetarians.

Very statisfied with the whole event.

• Visited September 2011
Zürich
“Unfriendly and not recommended for business: Embarrassing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

The restaurant Acqua is located on one of the most beautiful places in Zürich. The view on the lake and city is stunning. BUT: The service is remarkably unfriendly. I came here with a group of business clients. Reserved a table for 8 and by short notice we had two additional participants. We arranged to get everybody on the table and were fine. The owner of the restaurant came to the table and said very roudly: Who has organized this? I said: It is me and I am sorry that we are a bigger group than planned. He answered that I should organized better in the future! It was one of those hot summer days when all of a sudden wind came up. The immediately run around taking all umbrellas away, we sat in the hot sun and had not even been offered a table inside. The wind was not as bad. No issue at all.
If you want to enjoy a relaxing meal don't go there. If you wish to invite business clients or if you have to represent in some way: Definitely avoid this place. You might be embarrassed.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank brigitteross
Zurich, Switzerland
“They just don't care about customers!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

I made reservation one month in advance for their Sunday brunch. The restaurant called me just three days before the Sunday, telling me that they have to cancel my reservation (for six people), because they received reservation from a big group. No apology at all, they told me that I should find alternatives by myself. Later on my husband called them to complain. They even lied to him that they will close brunch service permanantly! The excuses were so inconsistent, and they do not feel sorry for inconvenience. I would never consider going there anymore, just not to give them chance to let me down twice.