“Once excellent” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Spice - CLOSED

Restaurant Spice
Cuisines: European, Central European, International, Mediterranean, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our restaurant, which has been awarded 16 Gault Millau points and one Michelin star, offers light and imaginative cuisine. Fresh, home-grown quality products are combined with carefully selected ingredients from all over the world and perfectly put together to create a balanced culinary trip. Here, new, unexpected and inspiring dishes are being developed. Go with the flow, treat yourself, and be surprised by the diversity of flavours offered by our creations.
“Once excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

The first time I went to this restaurant in 2009 I literally was overwhelmed by the location, service and the food, of course. In a positive way.
The third time, in 2011, I went there a bit skeptical, because I knew they had a new chef. But I found out that something that was already great could be even better.
The last time I went, however, now in 2012, I have to say that I was a bit disappointed. Not only with the food, but also with the service. It seems they have a new chef again, and for me the quality went quite down. I used to be really in love with this restaurant, and all the new concepts they bring, but let's see what happens next time.

However, if you never been there, it's surely worth trying.

By the way, if you are going there, make sure you have time. They reserve the table for you and you only for that night. We normally start at 19:30 and we are finishing around 23:30.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank aschnider

“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I love this place. The location is great and the food is excellent. We ordered a 6 course meal, which they extended to 8 courses by adding few more starters and deserts. I will certainly go back.
The service is ok, but it could be smoother. They are careful if you declare your food allergies and can provide gluten-free food if you announce it. The overall atmosfere is nice, but I am not too excited how the place is decorated, and don't appreciate the plants and vases placed at the window blocking the view.

• Visited June 2012
St. Gallen, Switzerland
“Superb food - but atmosphere not up to the standard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

We spent a great night at the Restaurant Spice on the first floor of the Hotel Rigiblick with spectacular views to the city of Zurich, the 'house mountain' Uetliberg and the West of Zurich. The food is 'concept based', i.e. you select how many courses you want and what courses you want to have. We are always a bit hesitant with 'concept foods', but this one was good, as the quality of the food was at highest standard. Just loved it and also the wines. The only downside of this location is the atmosphere - very tall rooms, very very minimalistic.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Original and Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

One of the best restaurants, we live down the street from this restaurant. It is very expensive though.

Zurich, Switzerland
“Best experience in Zurich until now!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

My boyfriend brought me to the spice in Rigiblick for my birthday. The choice on the card was low, but no worries, what ever you will take, everything is just delicious.
You have small portions but it worths it 10 times!
The waiter could advise a very good wine with my food according to my tastes.
At the end of the dinner, they brought me a birthday cake, nice attention ...
I would love to go there again! Next year for my birthday lol

• Visited March 2011