“Innovative and excellent quality”
Review of Didi's Frieden

Didi's Frieden
Ranked #4 of 2,012 Restaurants in Zurich
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have been looking for a restaurant in Zurich where the chef is more creative and goes beyond just the standard dishes you see on every menu. Didi's Frieden did just that and I was very impressed. The service was punctual and very pleasant. The portions were nice for Zurich and my companion and I left fully satisfied. One note they could have made some wine suggestions and the veal dish was overly salted with the sauce and risotto. Overall everything else was perfect.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have chosen this restaurant for our wedding anniversary and did not regret it.

The food is gastronomical, original, tasty, well balanced, nothing to say!

And the service is very attentive.

The only bad point is that,when we arrived at the restaurant, (we booked a table on the terrace) some building works where going on (with yellow wood walls) just there in front of us, touching the restaurant terrace... :-( So, we decided to eat inside, where it was more calm anyway because all the clients where eating outside despite the work building. Maybe the restaurant could have put a note on their website about that. It was disappointing when we arrived to discover it.

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I have been a dozen times in Didi's Frieden. Each time impeccable. Innovative crossover cuisine. Always fresh food. Service perfect, attentive but natural like at home. Excellent wine choice, several wines by glass. Not cheap but definitely worth the money. Reservation a must. No 1 in Zurich in my view in terms of quality to price ratio.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I live in Zurich and enjoy going out to different restaurants. I've gone to this restaurant for years and absolutely love their food. It's always seasonal and there is always a monthly menu. The atmosphere is very nice and the staff are always polite and helpful. A real gem.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

We arrived at our hotel late on Saturday and had no reservations for supper. We asked at the desk and were told that getting into a restaurant on a Saturday in December was next to impossible. We had read the reviews for Didi's and went on the hunt. It was just before 6:00 (so unfashionable early). We were standing outside the door when the head person (she was wonderful but I never got her name) opened the lock. We asked if we could eat there and, while she was sceptical, we promised to be finished by 8:00 (when real people finally dine). She let us in!!! I hope she was happy that we ordered the December menu plus a pre-dinner drink AND a bottle of wine. The tab is not for the feint of heart - $270 Swiss Francs plus tip but well worth it for the service and the food. Loved every last thing that was served from the amuse bouche (three little tastey treats) to the two starters and the plat principal - two type of veal in a fabulous sauce with swirls of mashed potatoes. The dessert was okay - I don't like creamy things and my husband was very pleased with his cheese plate. There were little cookies to eat while waiting for the chit. Overall, a wonderful experience - great food, fun staff, plenty of happy guests, little treats throughout the meal and no hustling us out while we drank our coffee until 8:15.

1  Thank GenevieveK