“Good food”

Ranked #4 of 1,988 Restaurants in Zurich
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2012

This restaurant is not exceptional in it's decor , but it's food is good . A good wine choice , friendly staff and pricey bill.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Very friendly restaurant with a neighborhood feel and excellent food, which seemed fairly priced for Zurich. Tip: two can happily share the larger portion of veal cordon bleu. Great choices of interesting wines by the glass or carafe.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I went to your restaurant for my husband's birthday on Mar 26th. And I have told the lady whom I booked the table with regarding the occasion. She right away asked for my husband's name over the phone.

When I called to make a reservation i have told the lady it was for my husband's birthday. She then right away asked for his name. When we got there we were grateful how they gave us a window table at the corner. Service was excellent and some waitresses speak good English. Food was good. What really impressed us was how the pastry chef did the awesome drawings and messages on my husband's dessert plate! And then the entire restaurant started singing happy birthday to him. He was pleasantly surprised and had such a lovely time at the restaurant! The atmosphere was so nice & cozy. It could get a bit noisy later in the evening when the guests have quite a few drink and started talking loudly.

I've been here at lunch couple of months ago and since we didn't make reservations ahead of time they could only offer us seats at the bar. Just a note that there was no English menu for the lunch set but they do for dinner. Make sure you book ahead of time.

I feel that your restaurant should have a Michelin Star! Thank you for giving us such a perfect evening!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Nothing special at the place, but the food was excellent. This is what I like in Switzerland, simple but great in every detail.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I eat in Zürich almost every weak in a different restaurant of the upper end segment and Didi's frieden certainly is among the top three. The food is delicious and prepared with a lot of love and care for the detail (eg "drawings" on the dessert plates). The staff is very friendly and attentive and also the atmosphere is a good mixture between cosy and elegant. Definitely worth a shot for all lovers of good food.