“Much Better Than Expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Spaghetti Factory

Spaghetti Factory
Ranked #275 of 1,892 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Old Town
London, United Kingdom
“Much Better Than Expected”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We ate here on a Sunday lunch after finding most of the other restaurants in the area to be fully booked. Our expectations were fairly low but we were very pleasantly surprised. The interior of the restaurant is delightful with beautiful high wooden ceilings and stained glass. The staff were very friendly, quick and attentive and the food was very tasty.

A place called 'Spaghetti Factory' is never normally going to attract us but this placed disproved our misgivings and came up trumps.

• Visited November 2013

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
London
“Italian Food Galore”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Unlike other restaurants in the area the waitress came to us swiftly and showed us to a table staright away. We were given more than enough time to look through the menu and were also given recommendations. We had the Seafood gnocchi and spagethi- the extra large portion, which was excellent. The dishes came with bread.

Visited October 2013
Zurich
“Average, cheap, convenient”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband likes to come to the Spaghetti Factory but I do not. Today I ordered "Tennessee" which was spaghetti in cream sauce with a chicken breast with a big dollop of herbed butter. Holy cow, was it heavy and ten times more efficient than a sleeping pill, a bad choice on my part. With it I had a coffee and a San Pellegrino and he had a cola zero and a plate of spaghetti bolognese and the bill was around 54 CHF... not bad for Zurich. It was lunch time and the food came reasonably fast so no complaints there.

• Visited October 2013
“Not a place where I would go again”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The service was really bad. It toom already a long time until they cleaned the table and after more than 1/2 hour after we ordered the food the waitress came and asked what exactly we ordered so we left the restaurant without eating there.

• Visited September 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
“Very average food”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I visited here with a friend on one of the few nice, really warm fall evenings in town. My friend wanted to try some pasta and we ended up here since we were near Bellevue. I only observed one guest dining inside as everyone else was outside enjoying the weather and people watching.

My friend opted for the Minestrone soup served with bread for CHF 9 as an appetizer, the pasta dish Chinatown CHF 22.50. My friend was reasonably satisfied with the pasta, but stated it was a bit greasy. I opted for the Spaghetti ‘Tennessee’ with basil, a very rich and heavy cream sauce, and a thin breast of chicken topped with garlic butter for CHF 22.50. My dish was very average and as mentioned the cream sauce was very heavy. We had beer, water and some white wine to go with the dinner.

The service was okay and the staff continued to add outdoor seating as more customers stopped by for dinner.

I general, I thought the food was ok but I have certainly had better pasta in the city and even in the Bellevue area.

• Visited August 2013