“extremely expensive for what you get !”
Review of Sushi Isakaya

Sushi Isakaya
Ranked #1,619 of 1,988 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed October 21, 2013

To make a long story short: 1) service personnel is average ... 2) atmosphere is hyper-sterile ... 3) quality of the food is good ... 4) quantity is below average ... 5) prices are exorbitant considering ALL of the above mentioned 'items' ...

1  Thank Don_Pedro_CH

Reviewed September 8, 2013

fine little sushi shop not far from the Bahnhof. Fresh sushi, Japanese beer - service correct but perhaps not as speedy as might be expected.

Would go again.
Tables perhaps a bit too close together for a romantic evening but for lunch time - fine.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

あれは寿司じゃない。
どうやったらあんなに不味くできるんだろか。接客も最悪。誉められるところがない。残念。

What is that?
I am japanese but i have never seen and tasted that kind terrible creature. Hospitality and atmosphere were terrible also.
If i were the chef, i could cook much better! I cannot recommend this!

1  Thank ajapaner
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The first time I visited the Restaurant it was for lunch. Opening hours on the door indicated 11:30am. I entered the Restaurant at 11:25 and asked if I could have a table for myself. The lady told me "no, we are closed*. I then told her that at the door the opening hours were indicated and that I would have a cup of tea until the official opening hour at 11:30. Again the answer was NO! I asked if I had to leave the restaurant and come back at 11:30am in order to have lunch and she said yes. I was so angry at the most unpolite manner and service of the lady, that I left without eating anything.

Then I tried it again a week later with my 2 nephews. We were there at 17:30 (official opening hour), The Restaurant was empty and we asked if we could have a tbale for 3. The lady (the same lady from the week before), offered us a large table with long banks (no back-rests at the chairs). I then asked, if we could move 2 table togther so that we could sit on chairs rather than a bank - the answer was NO. I then told her that nobody was in the restaurant and that we would leave within an hour. Again her answer was NO. We left and had a lovely Sushi dinner at Globus!
I was so annoyed at myself, that I was stupid enough to go to the same restaurant twice! It is unbelieveable that in Zurich such service and such an attidute from Restauarnt employees is tolerated!

3  Thank Hospitaliy
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Probably the worst service ever in Zurich! We kindly asked whether it's possible to exchange to tuna nigiri in a combo set for a second salmon nigiri since I have decided long time ago not to eat any tuna anymore. Given that salmon is generally less expensive than tuna, I thought my request wouldn't be a problem for the restaurant. What a mistake! The waitress answered my request in a very unfriendly manner from the very first moment. I was rudely told that this was NOT possible since this was a combo with fixed ingredients (among others one tuna and one salmon nigiri). I asked again mentioning that tuna was more expensive than tuna. Again, my request was very rudely turned down. Than I was asking to see the owner. The waitress sais this was not possible. I asked again - same answer. I told her that this was heavily unusual and absolutely not accaptable and that I will now go and talk to the boss which I then did. The behavior of the boss / owner was even more surpsing to say the least. I wasn't actually even listened to. He said in hardly understanable German and English that this wasn't a French restaurant (I guess what he meant to say was that, in his world, only French restaurant allow their guetsts / customers to exchange ingredients of a menu). We then paid and went away.

1  Thank sven_traveller