“Worst experience in a restaurant ever!”
Review of Sushi Isakaya

Sushi Isakaya
Ranked #1,596 of 1,944 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Zurich, Switzerland
“Worst experience in a restaurant ever!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Probably the worst service ever in Zurich! We kindly asked whether it's possible to exchange to tuna nigiri in a combo set for a second salmon nigiri since I have decided long time ago not to eat any tuna anymore. Given that salmon is generally less expensive than tuna, I thought my request wouldn't be a problem for the restaurant. What a mistake! The waitress answered my request in a very unfriendly manner from the very first moment. I was rudely told that this was NOT possible since this was a combo with fixed ingredients (among others one tuna and one salmon nigiri). I asked again mentioning that tuna was more expensive than tuna. Again, my request was very rudely turned down. Than I was asking to see the owner. The waitress sais this was not possible. I asked again - same answer. I told her that this was heavily unusual and absolutely not accaptable and that I will now go and talk to the boss which I then did. The behavior of the boss / owner was even more surpsing to say the least. I wasn't actually even listened to. He said in hardly understanable German and English that this wasn't a French restaurant (I guess what he meant to say was that, in his world, only French restaurant allow their guetsts / customers to exchange ingredients of a menu). We then paid and went away.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank sven_traveller

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
“Terrible experience”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were very very disappointed by the service of the manager this evening. They have never heard of the saying "the customer is king". Also the menu is very limited. Do not go there if you want to experience a relaxed evening. Do not go there ever.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Raymonde M
Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food but not innovative”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The food is good at Zurich prices. If you like traditional japanese sushi its good. If you re looking for innovative new sushi dishes its the wrong place to go.

Visited March 2012
Zurich
“Sushi near Zurich Mainstation”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

It used to be a nice and causy place with special atmosphere - they have now taken over the room next door and have far more tables and space. Sometimes it can be loud ...

Food is very nice and good - staff has always been helpful and attentive.

They have special lunch menues - bento boxes, donburi sets, etc.

• Visited December 2011
Bern
“Can't eat in Isakaya if you have a baby”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Probably one of the few places left in the 21 century, where you can not go with a pushchair. Can't even sit at the bar near the entrance doors. They just ask you to leave if you came for a meal with your baby. Food is ok though. We used to like the place, but now having become parents, we can't go back there for a meal :) How ridiculous does that sound? Good luck to the business with such attitude.

• Visited December 2011