“Great place for business lunch”

Tao's Restaurant, Lounge and Bar
Ranked #186 of 1,918 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Old Town
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great place for business lunch”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This is a really nice place for business lunches. Dishes are delicious, and the business lunch prices are ok.

• Visited May 2014

• Hebrew first
“Amazing business lunch”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

I booked a table in this restaurant to have lunch with my boss and two colleagues. I had once dinner here and I ate very good. For this reason I wanted to share this place with my team and they were very happy about the food! Simply delicious! The service is very kind, they treated us very good!

“Very nice evening !”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This was not my first visit to Tao's, and the reason for my return was because - my last visit here was so agreeable that I wanted to spend an evening here again. Our party of two were seated outside in the garden. Considering this is in the middle of downtown Zürich, one has a feeling of having dinner in the south of France. Food, in my case fish was excellent, the wine list is large and the waiters are good, friendly and was taking very well care of us. There was no rush, and we spent a long and enjoyable dinner evening there. be aware - I shall be back...!

• Visited April 2014
Dublin
“Very Good Venue but at a price ...”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Visited Tao's while on a weekend visit to a friend who lives in Zurich. Following a win for Ireland in rugby earlier that afternoon, we were in buoyant mood and eagerly anticipating exquisite food, wine and a bubbly atmosphere. The restaurant is located on the quiet Austinergrasse off the Bahnhofstrasse and we headed straight to our table having deposited our coats with the front desk. Our table server was pleasant and professional and we were immediately offered apertifs and menus. We opted to bypass apertifs, and ordered a Dim Sum starter to share/nibble while waiting for our mains. The Dim Sum comprised 6 dumplings (seafood and vegetarian) with vegetables and a salad garnish on the side of the platter and we agreed that they were pleasant, if not hugely remarkable. Two of the three ordered chicken for main course, accompanied by sides of wok vegetables and fried rice. On the recommendation of our table server, I chose a side of wasabi mashed potato to go with my dish of marinated shrimp which was artfully presented, speared through with lemongrass - a very nice dish indeed. To accompany our mains, we enjoyed a bottle of Pomino Bianco. We opted to skip dessert and coffee as we had had a busy day. This is a very good restaurant indeed, with Asian influences appearing here and there. It stops short of being an outstanding venue but is a good choice for an evening out. Although we had anticipated that dinner in a restaurant so centrally located in Zurich would not be cheap, we were perhaps a little surprised that a meal of only one starter, three mains, one bottle of wine but no dessert/coffee could cost almost SFR250 before service. Leaving the cost aside, a very nice evening and a super venue.

Visited March 2014
Cornwall
“Understated Excellence”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Located in the City centre, Tao's represents the perfection of the 'fusion' restaurant. Superb food in an elegant but unobtrusive ambience, excellent service from waitresses who were helpful but never condescending. Fine 'house wine' - as you would expect at an establishment such as this - unusually a Swiss Merlot, of all things - non-alcoholic beer also available.
Pricey by British Provincial standards but reasonable for Zurich and less than one would expect to pay in London. Diner for three, just over £200 including drinks.

• Visited February 2014