TripAdvisor
Zurich
Post
Inbox
Search

“A Tasty Vegetarian Buffet.”
Review of tibits

tibits
Ranked #84 of 2,352 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: International, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Takeout
Description: tibits bietet ein reichhaltiges Buffet mit uber 40 leckeren und saisonal wechselnden vegetarischen und veganen Salaten, heissen Gerichten, Suppen, Sandwiches und Desserts an. Frisch und hausgemacht - fur alle, die gerne geniessen.--------tibits offers up a rich buffet with over 40 tasty and seasonally changing vegetarian and vegan salads, hot dishes, soups, sandwiches and desserts. Fresh and homemade - for all who like good food.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stopped at Tibits on my way back from visiting the Heidi Weber Museum - Centre Le Corbusier. They can be reached on the same tram line.

Tibits, a vegetarian/vegan restaurant offers a lunch buffet in what I would describe as a Boho setting. While not a huge buffet, I think it offers enough of a selection to satisfy most diners. There's both hot and cold items. Many of the items are healthy, but not all and represent dishes from around the globe. The price of the buffet is based on weight. The more you take, the more expensive it's going to be. Expect to spend at least 20 Swiss Francs. Drinks are extra.

Service is friendly and credit cards are excepted. Tibits' has both indoor and outdoor seating. There's a tram stop near the restaurant.

While not my favorite vegetarian restaurant in Zurich, I did enjoy the food.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (789)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On our first visit to Zurich in September 2019, we were very pleased to find Tibits not far from our hotel in Zurich. We ate lunch there twice in three days. After we left Zurich for Bern, we had lunch at the Tibits in Bern.
My wife and I are vegetarian, so Tibits was perfect for us. The food is offered buffet style, then your plate is weighed and priced accordingly. The several times we visited there was always a nice array of offerings, so much so, I found I tried several new dishes I might not have tried otherwise. Comfortable indoor and outdoor seating are available. We recommend, and hope to return in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was a very pleasant surprise to find the exclusive vegetarian restaurants like Tibits in Switzerland where most of the people eat non-veg. We were roaming around Lake Zurich and being vegetarians, we decided to have lunch over here. It was located in a lane just 2 minutes from lake. The buffet spread was very impressive. The variety could easily satisfy appetites of all kinds of people. We filled up our plates and paid by weight which is the custom here. Luckily it was not crowded and we easily got a table inside. The food was absolutely delicious. The decor was classy and ambiance very peaceful. The staff was very efficient and polite.
Worth trying !!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I like how Tibits always changes their food every day; this way I can always try different Vegetarian food. I also like that it is a buffet because you can choose any food you like.

Reviewed August 31, 2019 via mobile

My partner said its the best vegetarian food ever eaten at a casual restaurant. Carnivor me didnt miss the meat. Must do a slow lap of the buffet before picking up your plate and then choose carefully... pay on weight. Good house wine .. as generally seems to be the case in Zurich. Many regular locals there. A bit hectic at busy times. Not your fine dining. Its wholesome interesting food with much variety and very satisfying.

Date of visit: August 2019