“Really good restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kindli

Kindli
Ranked #5 of 1,896 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Swiss, European, Central European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Old Town
Zurich, Switzerland
“Really good restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have been invited from friends for Dinner at Kindli. I know Zurich very well and I have been to many restaurants in Zurich. But that was the first time at Kindli. And I will go back there. The Service is the best I've ever had in Zurich. It was an authentic and real good service with a lot of heart. The food (we had hunt) was the best I had since long in Zurich. Congratulation dear Kindli, I will come back and I will recommend you.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank sammarste

• Greek first
Zurich, Switzerland
“More than pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Like the hotel, I´ve avoided the Restaurant Kindli, as I associated with the wrong kind of tourist trap folklore and accordeon music. But looking through the windows I discovered a new Kindli (it´s been like this for some time, I discovered), and went inside.

This is an Italian restaurant with a positive attitude. Service was discreet but friendly, and the staff happy to make suggestions for food and wine. I chose some of the obvious favourite and settled down to watch the action. The guests certainly seemed to be enjoying their nights out and the staff did their very best to make them feel at home.

Try this for a night out with friends. It´s too good just to waste on dining with clients :-)

• Visited September 2013
“Fantastic food and very attentive but not overbearing service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Top quality food in a cute old town back street. We had the truffle risotto and local boar ham with fresh figs for starters (both sensational) then my fiance had the local Swiss dish of veal with chanterelles and cream sauce and potato rosti- amazing! I devoured the HUGE, melt-in-the-mouth tender veal chop, best veal in a long time!

The service was top notch, the only thing to mar our visit was the wine. We ordered a not-cheap Burgundy, only to discover it was not as advertised on the menu as the winery's top Premier Cru wine, but their second label...we sent if back since not happy to pay the premium when if was only a lesser wine. We then selected a similar standard wine, which turned out to be oxidized. As did the second bottle they opened....we chose to settle for the original wine that was opened, for a lesser price (rather than keep trialling wines which may also be the same if stored incorrectly?) but then when tasted, if was also oxidized. The staff were very obliging to replace and keep opening wines, but we ended up having their house wine by the glass...ah well, got the job done and we saved our money for sensational cocktails a few doors down the street...now that's another top review...

• Visited September 2013
“Solid”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Food well prepared and the staff well trained. I had the traditional tafelspitz - very good. Not a thing wrong with this restaurant, but nothing exciting and magical about it either.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kathryn M
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Thoroughly Enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

This city center restaurant is housed in an historic building dating back to 1474. The polished wood paneling, coffered ceiling, leather banquets and chairs with linen covered tables, are elegant yet warm and inviting. We were served a complimentary champagne upon being seated. Kindli serves classic European cuisine with some modern twists. Veal, Beef, Fish, all are incredible, you won't be disappointed. There's a fabulous wine list too. And the desserts are not only delicious but beautiful. Our service was friendly, attentive but not intrusive which I think is a sign of a great wait staff.

• Visited July 2013