“Fantastic food and very attentive but not overbearing service.”
Review of Kindli

Kindli
Ranked #7 of 1,944 Restaurants in Zurich
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
“Fantastic food and very attentive but not overbearing service.”
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Top quality food in a cute old town back street. We had the truffle risotto and local boar ham with fresh figs for starters (both sensational) then my fiance had the local Swiss dish of veal with chanterelles and cream sauce and potato rosti- amazing! I devoured the HUGE, melt-in-the-mouth tender veal chop, best veal in a long time!

The service was top notch, the only thing to mar our visit was the wine. We ordered a not-cheap Burgundy, only to discover it was not as advertised on the menu as the winery's top Premier Cru wine, but their second label...we sent if back since not happy to pay the premium when if was only a lesser wine. We then selected a similar standard wine, which turned out to be oxidized. As did the second bottle they opened....we chose to settle for the original wine that was opened, for a lesser price (rather than keep trialling wines which may also be the same if stored incorrectly?) but then when tasted, if was also oxidized. The staff were very obliging to replace and keep opening wines, but we ended up having their house wine by the glass...ah well, got the job done and we saved our money for sensational cocktails a few doors down the street...now that's another top review...

• Visited September 2013

• Greek first
“Solid”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Food well prepared and the staff well trained. I had the traditional tafelspitz - very good. Not a thing wrong with this restaurant, but nothing exciting and magical about it either.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kathryn M
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Thoroughly Enjoyable”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This city center restaurant is housed in an historic building dating back to 1474. The polished wood paneling, coffered ceiling, leather banquets and chairs with linen covered tables, are elegant yet warm and inviting. We were served a complimentary champagne upon being seated. Kindli serves classic European cuisine with some modern twists. Veal, Beef, Fish, all are incredible, you won't be disappointed. There's a fabulous wine list too. And the desserts are not only delicious but beautiful. Our service was friendly, attentive but not intrusive which I think is a sign of a great wait staff.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Anne W
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“worth a try”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service with a great variety of food. Definitely will come again for the next visit . the veal in zurich style is a must try if you are not a cow lover

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank damonhk
Zurich, Switzerland
“Charming restaurant in old city”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We recently had a memorable evening sitting outside enjoying a delicious dinner at the Kindli. I have never been before but my husband goes often for work lunches. The wait staff recognized him and greater him by name, a good start!
Our waiter was friendly and efficient, noticing that my husband and I spoke English together he spoke to me in English and my husband in German. Impressive! We started with a lovely Iceland chilled glass of champagne that was brought with lovely little pastry flutes, delicate and buttery.

For the starter I had the avocado and shrimp cocktail. A nice sized portion and with nice presentation. My husband had the carpaccio to start and said it was excellent! For the main course I was tempted and ordered the Lobster, outside of Brittany this was the best lobster I have eaten! Not freakishly large, perfectly cooked, and not chewy or tough at all. Wonderful! My husband ordered the Zurich speciality of "Zuri" Geschnetzeltes, good quality meat pieces and lightly seasoned served with rosti. A lovely meal topped of with a shared dessert of chocolate mousse.
From start to finish this was a great evening made even better by great people watching and stellar service.

• Visited August 2013