“Excellent Food, Superior Service”
Review of Kindli

Kindli
Ranked #7 of 1,988 Restaurants in Zurich
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Ahi tuna perfectly seared with 20 African spices,accompanied by avocado and cilantro, and the house white wine... a wonderful dinner. My five companions, age 3 to 70, thought their choices were equally good. But the highlight of the meal was our server, who was personable with great sense of humor. Elegant restaurant in a building that dates back to 1474. (18 years before Columbus sailed the ocean blue.)

A memorable meal. I'll be back.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

As we wandered up the cobble stoned alleyway, there, where four tiny streets merged our eyes were drawn to the blue and white striped umbrellas of the attractive Kindli restaurant. It was very warm, 27'C, lunchtime so we opted for a seat and a couple of beers. The Vitello Tonnato (veal with tuna cream sauce) and Green Salad with Figs and Air-Dried Ham were delicious and perfect with a glass of Rose. Good, friendly service made for a delightful lunch.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

While wandering around the old town and with many interesting restaurants to choose from - Kindli seemed a little more inviting than the others. It was only later I discovered it was among the top 10 eateries in Zurich, and deservedly so.

The welcome, the atmosphere, the ambience, the menu and the impeccable service all combined to make my first ever visit to Zurich a truly memorable one. The Carparccio Cipriani and the Rindsfilet mit Truffel Taglierini were accompanied by an awsome bottle of Chilean red - the Almaviva.

Be prepared to pay for the experience, but restaurants like Kindli are indeed rare and the experience will be well remembered.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

When I used to live in the old town of Zurich, the Kindli was a location where tourists ended up, even though it enjoyed a great reputation.

Imagine my suprise, when staying in the old town at the Kindli business appartments, I decided to go in and found that it had been converted - some years ago - into the kind of small, wood-panelled first class - friendly - restaurants, you wish you had visited before.

Although I was alone and it was already quite late, I was welcomed by the Italian speaking staff and sat at a good table, received considered advice on food and wine, and invited to take in the "show". The restaurant was quite full, but it didn´t feel crowded, and from what I could judge each of the tables were shown the same easy and friendly courtesy that I had received.

The food, in my case fillet steak with pasta and summer truffles, was prepared exactly to what I had requested, and a bottle of wine was left at the table, the waiter passing from time to time to fill up my glass and keep the score. A discussion about the type of grappa needed to complement the meal was the final culmination of one of the most surprising restaurant visits I´ve had in Zurich in the last few years.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We enjoyed our first dinner in Zurich at Kindli, and it was a great experience. The food, atmosphere, and service were excellent, and the wine list was quite good.

Recommendation: Swiss wines aren't great, so stick with the French wines. The Swiss beers, on the other hand, are quite tasty.