“Pleasantly surprised...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Cedre

Le Cedre
Ranked #160 of 1,893 Restaurants in Zurich
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Langstrasse
Durban, South Africa
“Pleasantly surprised...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Very impressed with the variety and quality of the food... There was plenty of it and all very authentically presented. A pleasant meal out indeed.

• Visited November 2013

• Arabic first
Beirut, Lebanon
“Your address for Lebanese home-made food in Zurich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

One wouldn't expect a fully packed restaurant on a cold Monday evening; but this is not the case at Le Cedre in Zurich. Yes, we had to book and yes, it was full. And we were surely full afterwards.
Arabs and non-Arabs, all were delightfully enjoying their colorful feasts. I could see it in their eyes, when the Chef was proudly serving the never ending Mezze courses. And of course in their reaction to every bite, attempting to savor the melting Mediterranean tastes while forgetting a little bit about Savoir-Vivre and Etiquette.
As a Lebanese, this made me proud. Our cuisine is well sought and highly renowned. And this is thanks to great ambassadors' efforts, such as Le Cedre founders. The food is a real home-made. No surprise, when the ingredients are finely selected and shipped straight from Home; along with all the passion and drive that kept this place alive for years and will surely do for the many more to come! 'sofra deymeh'

• Visited October 2013
West Sussex
“Outstanding Lebanese cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Cedre was recommended by a friend that is regularly in Zurich on business and we were very impressed. We started with one of the varieties of hoummus, and artichoke and felafel. All very tasty and well presented. My husband went on to have a chicken dish with tomatoes and mint on aubergine and I had lamb with a pomegranate sauce. Both were very tasty. We regularly eat middle eastern food in London and the choice of dishes here surpassed what we've come to expect. I wish we'd had a group of friends with us so we could have tried more dishes.
We went on a Saturday night so were entertained by a belly dancer that danced around the tables a couple of times during the evening.

• Visited August 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
“Generally a bad experience!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Arriving at the restaurant I was asked to decide which wine to take for all 8 people. I was given three glasses to try out. I thought it was great service in the beginning but I didn't know very well the other people in my group, however still, I was told to send around my glasses so they could try the three wines as well. That I didn't like even though I am sure none of us were ill or anything. It seemed very strange. We ordered mezzies and as soon as we got the food, the music started playing really loud and a belly dancer started dancing. It could have been great it was just not well thought that the music was so loud that it was impossible to talk to eachother. As I remember it, it lasted for an eternity so that we had almost finished eating when we could finally talk again. The food was quite expensive for what it was and in general I don't recommend this place!

• Visited November 2012
London
“Great for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I went to this restaurant with some friends for lunch. The mezze platters are excellent and great value on the lunchtime venue.

• Visited April 2013