“Satisfied my craving for Lebanese food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Cedre

Le Cedre
Ranked #168 of 1,875 Restaurants in Zurich
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Langstrasse
UK
“Satisfied my craving for Lebanese food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We found Le Cedre after spending the afternoon sunbathing by lake Zurich next to a Lebanese family who were cooking up the most delicious spread so I was curious as to whether we could find a decent Lebanese restaurant open on a Sunday in the sleepy suburbs and we were delighted to find Le Cedre a stone's throw from our flat! We walked in to make a reservation and it was clear that the waitress spoke no English whatsoever so we muddled through and returned for our meal an hour later. Decor is beautiful, and the lamb koftas (both labinie and the tomato/aubergine one) were outstanding. We also had hoummus beyruti and the falafel - all delicious! Very happy with the food and service (though she was alone she managed each table well) and we will definitely be back! 2 starters, 2 mains, 2 beers and bread came in at 90CHF and we were stuffed. Recommend it!

• Arabic first
Singapore, Singapore
“A Dinner on a Rainy Day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I ended up in this restaurant through a random online search by my wife. We were searching for Halal restaurants and this one seemed to be a safe choice.

I liked the food and the overall presentation. The staff was very friendly and they helped us order. Though they kept asking us to order for a starter deal which included only starters and seemed a little expensive to us (specially as they were just starters). The restaurant was pretty packed but I found most of them to be tourists or first time visitors.

Food was a bit expensive but I think thats the case in general when you are in Zurich.

I will definitely visit this place again when I am in Zurich.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Talha K
Switzerland
“The one by the river/lake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Location is premium. Casual setting yet stylish enough.
Food is great. Been here a few times. The recent one was just this week. We got the mezze platter for 2. The kitchen picks 7 varieties for you. We loved it and really enjoyed everything that was served. At 75 CHF for the food for 2, it is a decent price for Zurich standard. Drinks extra. I have stopped whining about prices in Zurich as that's not going to change. Wages are fairly generous too so one need to look at that ratio as well.
I am not that impressed with the service though. Grumpy waiters. Impatient too. Seemed like they were recruited straight out of a late night kebab joint. They could do a bit with training in service and pleasant body language. (ok, I wrote that part before I saw other reviews with a similar sentiment. About time the management take this note seriously then)
Other than that, the food is worth visiting again. The bigger the group, the more varieties you can try. I once went there with a big group and had the most colourful table full of authentic Lebanese food :-)

Vicenza, Italy
“Good food, though pricy and bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I went there with friends and we ordered a set of mixed finger food. The food was very good, but for the same price I would eat something different. The service was also quite bad and rushed.

Zurich, Switzerland
“Le Cedre (Bellevue location) service ruined our evening”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

For many years I have eaten at Rest. Le Cedre, where the food and service have always been enjoyable. Yet their Bellevue Location has one of the worst services we have ever witnessed.
Last night a group of 6 friends arrived at 8pm. Our order for drinks was taken within the first 10 minutes after we arrived but when we wanted to order the food, we were told that we had to wait for the Boss to take our order, which we thought it was funny given that we were ordering just one service of Mezze Royal for everybody. That is not such a difficult order, right? ... We waited, waited, waited, waited... Then we got up TWICE to ask for someone to take our order. Then, finally, at 8:30pm, the "BOSS" came over to take our single order.
Then we waited, waited, waited, waited... By 9:20PM, I got up and walked up to them to ask what was going on and indicate that a group of four that arrived at least 30 mins after us was already receiving the SAME order. 50 Minutes had passed by since our order and they totally ignored us. After my complain, they finally served the first round at 9:30PM or 90 minutes after we arrived.
Once again, we complained and they told us that the situation had nothing to do with their service and that it was the "kitchen's fault". No apologies were received. There were no efforts to compensate for the awful time we were having. And at the end they wanted to charge us for 2 portions of a meat platter when we had clearly ordered just one given that 3 of us do not eat meat. Once again the "BOSS" blamed "the kitchen", which was just laughable...
It is a pity. The restaurant has great food but it clearly cannot handle large crowds on a hot summer night...

• Visited June 2013