“Typical Chinese food, service need to improve.”
Review of Beyond

Beyond
Ranked #429 of 1,956 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Gewerbeschule
Shanghai, China
“Typical Chinese food, service need to improve.”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

It is my second time to be here this year. The food is quite Chinese. The price is a bit expensive. The delivery of the dishes are really slow, I should say.

The environment is wel decorated, but a bit crowdy. The location of this restraunt is super close to the main station of Zurich.

I like the food, as it reminds me of China, but the service could improve. For example, the smile respond, and speed of delivery.

• Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Zurich, Switzerland
“Bad food and average ambience”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

It's easy to say that something is tasty when has been overloaded with oily and (for some plates) spices. That's the feeling you will have after trying the food at this outlet. I lived 5 years in China and was suggested this place as one of the best Chinese restaurants in town: had 2 guests with me and had to apologize to them repeatedly if the experience was not up to expectations. I will definitely not come back.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank 24floor
Zurich, Switzerland
“Worst Asian food I have ever had”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have been to many Chinese restaurants in NYC, Chicago and San Francisco and this meal was by far the worst Chinese I have ever had. My shrimp were covered with a gluey, oily flavorless sauce that looked totally unappetizing, and tasted just as it looked. The service was lack luster, as I shared my disappointment, the response was defensive and not sympathetic. I asked once again if I could change my order and it was very hesitantly agreed to. Unfortunately when I asked what would be less oily on the menu, the answer was basically nothing, everything on the menu is laden with oil and that is how it should be! If you like really oily flavorless food with impartial sevice then this is the place to go! A real disappointment though for those who like more healthy, refined tastes.

1 Thank MarinMarais
“Decent food, bad service”
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

I came here for a quick dinner (I was starving), but was sorely disappointed.

Service: Slow. Very slow. Only two waitresses and they were running around the entire night. I saw several groups of customers come in and leave 10 minutes later because the waitresses had forgtten about them. I feel bad for the wait staff and the restaurant needs to hire more people.

Food: Decent. Standard asian food. A little heavy on the vinegar. I got the dumplings (pretty tasty) and the short ribs (way too much sauce).

The only thing good about this place was that it was open on a Sunday.

1 Thank intl-eater
Zurich, Switzerland
“Very decent Chinese food with reasonable price”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The menu ranges from the dumplings to Beijing duck.
There are wide range of choices of main dishes. I have eaten here for many times, and my absolute favourite is the mini BBQ spare ribs sweet and sour sauce.

If you miss Chinese food in Zurich, this definitely is the best choice in terms of both the quality of the food and also the price (note: they started charging for white rice recently. But despite this, price is still very reasonable). You may have to share a table with other parties, and service is not the most friendly, but I still go back to this place.
Since the main dishes are rather big and strong flavoured, it would be better if you go in a group, order several dishes to share so that you get to try around a few different things. (one main dish could be a bit too much and boring)

I had