“Great wine, Great pizza”

Ristorante Frascati
Ranked #433 of 2,073 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located alongside Zurich’s famous lake promenade, at Frascati Zurigo we will spoil you with the highest quality of Mediterranean cuisine. No culinary wish goes unfulfilled: we offer Italian Antipasti, traditional meat, fish and seafood specialities, fine pasta dishes and heavenly salads. We serve exquisite wines, prestigious spirits and scrumptious finger food such as Bresaola con melone or Gamberoni all’aglio piccante in our elegant wine lounge – the perfect setting, to let the memories of a stressful working day fade away. Our large terrace directly overlooking the lake is perfect for those warmer days; to enjoy a refreshing aperitif, a smart business lunch or a romantic dinner for two.
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We read the tripadvisor reviews and were almost swayed against going here...it was our hotel's manager who said he really liked it that convinced us to give it a try. The reviewers who said service is slow; true... But we have found slower service to be the norm in Europe. As for our server, he was very pleasant, spoke English and was accommodating. The place has ambiance but the main attraction is, and ought to be the food. My husband said his pizza was some of the best he has ever eaten anywhere. I enjoyed my gluten-free pasta, cooked perfectly and we both enjoyed the wine selection. It was pouring rain or we would have opted for an outdoor table facing the lake. Note: we were advised that new management has taken over recently with improved results.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Get the Lady Italia Pizza. Mozzarella balls, prosciutto, arugula, and more. Fantastic. They also serve chili-infused olive oil, so don't worry about not getting the Diavalo. Good selection of wines. Marvelous view of the lake. Serene service. If you want pizza, this is the place.

1  Thank RocketrobMiami
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I dont know what all the negative reviews are about really. We randomly stopped here before seeing any reviews just because it wus right on the lake as we walked. Great service, beautiful view, good food, and expensive.....like everything else in zurich! I just payed 8 francs for s cup of coffee for goodness sakes. If you cant deal with that....dont come to Zurich!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were hungry and the restaurant of our choice was fully booked so we decided to ignore the bad reviews and to give Frascati a try.
We were seated quickly and our drinks came quick as well. From then on everything came in slow motion with the accent on slow, very slow.
After waiting for almost 1 hour, we had the mixed bruschetta which was 3 slices of bread with topping of pesto, tapenade and tomato. And a leaf of basil. The beef carpaccio appetizer was of a larger size.
The pizza's came about 45 minutes later. You would think one cannot go wrong with a pizza in an Italian restaurant/pizzeria. Wrong. The pizzas were tasteless. Very disappointing.
So why the average score and not poor? The temperature in the restaurant was pleasant and the waiters amusing.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

As perfect as it could be, this restaurant is just a disaster!

The impression I got is that they just wanna have more and more guest, and not taking care of how we feel.

After riding a bike with my friend, we decided to stop by and eat a pizza; since we had to ride the bike back to our home, we couldn't drink alcohol and after ordering just a tonic water, the waiter looked at me as I was doing something wrong or that wouldn't bring them too much money.
Our pizza took almost 1 hour to come to us, and the waiter never came back to ask if we wanted to drink something else or asking our opinion. By this time I was so pissed that I just wanted to leave this place, where you pay about 30U$$ for a pizza, thinking that I should have ridden the bike a little more and grabbed a take away pizza which would have been more delicious than this one.
Not to comment that we order a mozzarella pizza, and the pieces of the mozzarella just came on the top of the pizza, cold from the fridge and weren't even the ones with good quality, but the normal ones which everyone can buy in a supermarket.

Non go never again, and my friends will always get this advice from me.