“Tuesday -> buffet only. Quite allright.”
Review of Kerala

Kerala
Ranked #135 of 2,189 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Was there with the guys from the office for lunch and as it was tuesday, apparently they only have a small buffet for lunch. decent size, you pay by the plate and you can actually stack it really full so there's enough food. The ambiance is alright, but nothing special. The food they had was very nice considering it was a buffet and it had to suit everyone. I would have loved some spices though, but we weren't offered any. The papadams were the only really disappointing thing as they weren't fresh anymore.
So for the buffet only (no menu) it was good. The colleague that recommended it said the other food is supposed to be excellent.

1  Thank Andejande

Reviewed July 8, 2012

The restaurant was very conveniently located from our hotel. The food is amongst one of the best we have had outside of India and may even in India.

We went for dinner on both the nights we had in Zurich. Though it is expensive, but we still felt its worth it.

The staff might not be the best, but the food more than makes up for it.

We saw a lot of non-Indians enjoying the food.

The restaurant does not have an AC. It was very hot on one of the days. So we sat in the open area which made us feel a little better.

1  Thank Amand_AroundTheWorld
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Just wonderful food. I am Swiss and I have never been in India so I can't comment whether the food is authentic but it tasted just great.

Service was friendly and attentive. Dogfriendly :-)

Prices are "normal" for Zurich. Free parking spaces and it has a tram stop right in front of the restaurant.

For me one of the best places to eat Indian food in Zurich.

3  Thank Sumdari
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Excellent Indian food, quite authentic. prices are a bit steep, though its understandable - most places in Zurich are expensive

5  Thank arunkmurthy
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We often go to eat at this restaurant because we totally love it. Price is not high for Zürich. We love their butter chicken and bengan masala. They make the best Lasuni Naan ever, you cannot not try it! totally addictive!
We found this restaurant thanks to an Indian colleague of my husband, who considered it quite authentic, although many reviewers on this forum do not agree about this point.
I have never been to India, but we tried several (very good) indian restaurants in Malaysia, and I find "Kerala"'s food really good, only the sauces are not as good as what we tasted in Malaysia, but all the other dishes that we tried were very satisfying.
I brought many colleagues and friends with me and everybody loved it, especially the naan is always a great success.
On wednesday and sunday evening there's ONLY the buffet dinner, at fixed price you can eat as much as you like from the buffet choice.
It is best to book in advance.
Keep in mind, it is not a fast food restaurant where for 10CHF you get the main dish + rice+ bread+ drink+ whatever.
Can't wait to go back!