“Cold pizza, average service” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Don Leone

Don Leone
Ranked #288 of 1,875 Restaurants in Zurich
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Langstrasse
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cold pizza, average service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere is great, but he food is really only average. Service: trying to be funny but often just cheeky. Pizza was cold and burrata not fresh. I am italian and know well how fresh burrata tastes like....

1 Thank Mgrec

Zurich
“delicious lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

I had lunch once here and the food was delicious. The only problem was that I asked the waitress how big is the soup and she said that is probably not enough for lunch so I ordered also a salad I could not really eat in the end because the soup was more than enough.

• Visited March 2012
Zurich, Switzerland
“Service and food never as good as when they opened.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

The pizza was average, served tepid, the tomatoes were not ripe and had no taste. (and my Italian friends were right telling me that a real Italian NEVER eats Pizza in a restaurant, only at his/her parents' place.) The service is not satisfactory, especially from one younger Italian girls with a metallic voice and very aggressive, rude appearance. sorry, but don leone is totally overrated. If you must go, then check out the one at waffenplatzstrasse. I found pizzas and service there muuuch better!

• Visited February 2012
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great food if you're willing to wait a century”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

The food is great -- pasta, pizza, meats, all of it absolutely delicious. Inexpensive in Zurich terms though the real price you pay is the waiting time not the money. We were a group of 10 and it took us 45 minutes to get our food. All in all a great place to go to unless you have a tight schedule and can't afford more than an hour for dinner.

Singapore, Singapore
“Great pizzas, great decoration but waited too long”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

Basically they have two rooms which are right opposite to each other, just separated by the street. The first one I got in was full so they sent me to the second one. And actually the second one has also another room at the basement floor and it looks splendid! There, all tables have six seats, so I had to seat next to people but that really didn't bother me at all. First minus, I had to wait almost 10 minutes and ask someone to get the menu.

Pizza I ordered was really good, I love wood-fired pizza :-) At the end, I asked for the bill and the lady asked me if I wanted a coffee. I said no thanks, just the bill and she was kind of surprised, asked me again if I really didn't want anything. I found that a bit weird, sure you can ask but she made me feel like it's unusual not to take anything after a meal...I waited at least 20min because she first forgot to bring the bill to me, had to ask a second time. Obviously, it was very busy and waiters were rushing everywhere. But I guess, busy means they make a lot of money, therefore they can afford to use more staff.

• Visited January 2012