“Nice food - service not always so nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Nooba
Ranked #585 of 1,877 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Zurich, Switzerland
“Nice food - service not always so nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

I eat a lot at this place – because of it's nice ambient and good food. They have pretty cool modern furniture, a cool concept and as I said the food is really good. Not the cheapest asian food in town, but not too expensive for what you get.

Specially in summertime its so nice to sit outside and they have always enough place. But they could definitely improve the service: They're not always very friendly and little changes of the menu (like can you ad some more vegetables or so) don't work or will cost you a lot $…but still I really like going there for a nice dinner with friends…

PS: They offer a free parking garage after 7pm in the inner city, which is really rare…

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Ireland
“Not what I expected.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

Went to Nooba for a bite to eat before the cinema, after a cold walk there I decided to have soup for starter and a noodle soup dish for main, both of which I enjoyed. My husband had gyoza to start and beef dish for main, both of which he was very impressed with. The staff here are excellent and all have great english......menus in english also, would highly recommend Nooba :-)

• Visited January 2012
Zurich
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

Great food in a nice asian atmosphere. The place is very busy therefore you need to wait some time to get seated. But the staff is very nice.

Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
“Thai fast food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

Ok let's start with the atmosphere, if you go in summer they have a big terrase outside with tables and umbrellas, quite nice.

Location is great about 5 minutes from Stadelhofen train station.

The food in my opinion is good, not traditional thai but a little modern twist on classic thai dishes, oh did I mention they have their own brand of Ice Tea! and they are great.

I recommend the Pad Thai dish.

Visited December 2011
Zug, Switzerland
“Lovely night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

I must admit that what I loved the most about my dinner at Nooba's was... the company! I had a very amusing night with my husband and some friends and I am sure that has helped my appreciation of the place!
So said, Nooba is centrally located and easy to reach and even more important offers free parking to its clients. I liked the ambiance very much, relaxing but not boring, and the friendly staff. As for the food, it was good and the menu offers a variety of choices even for vegetarians (like myself). The price for Zurich downtown is in the average.
Only one shortcoming: does not accept reservations for less than 4 (or even 6, I am not sure) people, which means that if you want to go for a romantic dinner with you partner, it is at your own risk.

• Visited June 2011