“Bad door greeter, resulted in me walking out!”
Review of King's Kurry Wiedikon - CLOSED

King's Kurry Wiedikon
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Zurich, Switzerland
“Bad door greeter, resulted in me walking out!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Arrived at 11.40. Only one other couple in the entire restaurant, but the greeter was determined to seat me at the entrance door table. I expressed my displeasure and asked for another table as I noticed upon entering that no one was sitting on the outdoor patio on such a nice day. He again asked me to sit at the entry door and stated all the table were reserved. I then put my jacket back on and left the restaurant!

I then remembered seeing a manager in the restaurant, so I went back inside and spoke with the manager about my displeasure with how the greeter was only willing to seat me at the door. The manager looked into the reservation book and stated two large groups had reservations for 12.30 and that sometimes they sit inside and other times they sit outside. I informed the manager that I would have been finished well before the large groups arrived, but the greeter exhibited no interest or concern.

The manager was more than willing to seat me at a table on the outdoor patio (the original door greeter standing behind me during my conversation with the manager). I informed the manager I did not appreciate the way I was treated upon arrival and still having the greeter standing behind me while speaking with the manager. I thanked the manager for trying to correct the situation, but I informed him I would be taking my business elsewhere and that I would certainly never return!

I can not suggest or recommend this restaurant!

• Visited September 2012

“An okay Indian restaurant”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

This King's Kurry (there are a couple of King's Kurry in Zurich) is located by the train/bus station in Wiedikon.

The restuarant is a typical Indian restaurant with a lots of artifacts and paintings on the wall. The tables were nicely set with polished cutlery and cotton serviettes. The restaurant also has an outdoor area (where we sat).

The service staff was fairly slow and it was "complicated" to order even though the restaurant was far from busy. The tables were wiggling and we had to ask for something to stabilize our table. The service staff did not seem to care. We were handed a few coaster to put ourselves. We had to wait for a quiet some time before our food came.

The food was very tasty, beautifully presented and well executed.

Value: even though the portions and food was great, the location was boring (facing a bus station), the service was poor (non existent?), pricey (charged as if they were located in downtown zurich), therefore we would not recommend this restaurant. If you want to experience good Indian food, we would warmly recommend "Kerala" restaurant which is located by the tram stop "Radiostudio"

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank AMFHMH
Juneau, Alaska
“Good Indian Food”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Really good food; lunch buffet. White tablecloths and reasonable (for Zurich) prices.

Geneva, Switzerland
“Good lunch buffet - overpriced in the evening”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I visited this Indian restaurant several times. The food is ok but fusion-style, not proper Indian. Prices in the evening are on the high side. Lunch buffet is good.

1 Thank Jamesfood
Zürich
“Great lunchtime buffet”
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Delicious food, not too many tables and good service