“Amazing experience”

blindekuh
Ranked #125 of 1,892 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: blindekuh – the name means "Blind Man's Buff" in German – was founded in 1999 and was the first establishment of its kind in the world. Our businesses are sponsored by the blindekuh Foundation. blindekuh is one of the largest private-sector employers for people with impaired vision. In our restaurants and through our cultural activities, we create valuable jobs, foster dialogue between sighted people and those with visual impairments, and open up new perspectives for young and old alike. Dining at blindekuh is a treat for all your senses, even though your eyes won't take part in the feast. Our creative kitchen team will conjure up delicacies on your plate that don't need to be seen to be believed – fresh, seasonal and always a surprise.
Norway
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Make your reservation in advance. When you get there you will get a brief explanation how everything is arranged, there is a menu on the wall, so you need to decide what you will order. There is also a surprise menu, which consist of 3 courses. I would say it is more interesting experience not to know what you are eating. The most difficult was to guess the dessert.
The food is good, but nothing extraordinary. You definitely shouldn't come to this restaurant for the food, but rather for the experience. It is truly worth it!

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
“This should be on everyone's 'Must Do in Zurich' list”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

What an amazing experience. Our group of 3 were seated at our own table and had a lots of fun & the food was ok too. It was very easy to use a knife & fork for the first mouthful but as the food was moved around the plate each forkful got increasingly harder to find. ( I had several empty forks make the trip to my mouth)
Enya our host manoeuvred around the room waiting on half the tables and gave us excellent instructions on where she had placed our food & drinks. To ramp up the degree of difficulty we ordered a medly of 5 desserts on a shared platter - very tricky. Book in early so you don't miss this amazing experience.

• Visited June 2014
Rehoboth, Massachusetts
“absolutely fascinating experience”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

my experience in this restaurant was absolutely amazing. i was there in my studies with some colleagues. the food was actually quite good and the whole atmosphere was absolutely fantastic. the waiters were super friendly and came to help each time we needed them.

• Visited August 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
“Bizarre and unique experience”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Although the evening did not start out too well - for some reason they cancelled our reservation, and we also had to wait for more than half an hour to enter - it was still the most unique dinner I had in my life.

You are guided to your table by your waiter, and once you pass through an intermediary passage, you are in the complete darkness. My first reaction was a very visceral one, I had a strong urge to go out, but I decided to wait. You do get used to the darkness a bit, and after a while it gets better, but it is extremely bizarre. Your brain is trying to distinguish patterns, but there's nothing there, it's pitch black.

The food was ok, nothing special, the prices were also reasonable for Zurich. You definitely shouldn't come to this restaurant for the food, but rather for the experience. It's also not the most romantic place as it's quite loud, and sharing the dessert is not the best idea.

Overall it was a great experience, I'm very happy I tried it, but I'm not sure if I'd go again.

• Visited July 2014
Mt Martha, Australia
“Do yourself a favour.....”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

If you are ever travelling to Zurich, Switzerland, book in advance, and make sure you experience the Blinde Kuh. This is a very unique experience, and one that teaches you a thing or two about your senses. Staff are very friendly. Best experienced with friends, or in a Group.

• Visited August 2013