“Blind eating for an evening”
Review of blindekuh Zurich

blindekuh Zurich
Ranked #157 of 1,970 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: blindekuh – the name means "Blind Man's Buff" in German – was founded in 1999 and was the first establishment of its kind in the world. Our businesses are sponsored by the blindekuh Foundation. blindekuh is one of the largest private-sector employers for people with impaired vision. In our restaurants and through our cultural activities, we create valuable jobs, foster dialogue between sighted people and those with visual impairments, and open up new perspectives for young and old alike. Dining at blindekuh is a treat for all your senses, even though your eyes won't take part in the feast. Our creative kitchen team will conjure up delicacies on your plate that don't need to be seen to be believed – fresh, seasonal and always a surprise.
Reviewed May 27, 2014

As you arrive you pre-order your meal. I went with a group of 4 friends and as we entered the restaurant you expect to have a table on your own, but we were swiftly seated next to some people already enjoying their evening. Speaking to the man seated next to me, he said, I looked lovely, we all laughed and got on with trying to pour our drinks in absolute pitch black. The service staff were attentive and the food was satisfying. Overall a very fun and entertaining evening. A true experience that puts you out of your comfort zone for an evening. I would recommend it!!

There are newer reviews for blindekuh Zurich

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Had a dinner there for birthday occasion
Really cool experience, even though the food is not that great
Anyway, Must try !

Everyone there is so welcoming even the guest with who you share the restaurant, all friendly and open, they even were signing a birthday song to me =)

Reviewed February 19, 2014

It was a surreal experience, you expect your eyes to adjust to the darkness but even after two hours there it's still pitch black. Definitely something to try at least once. The food was good and they even adapted the dish for a food allergy. I would recommend to try the surprise menu as it's fun to guess what you're eating!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is the kind of experience YOU MUST DO ONCE IN YOUR LIFE to realize that you do belong to the lucky people who can 'see' !!!
Whispering, analysing all sounds around you in the darkness, tasting food without seeing it and recognizing all elements.
The only weak point is the food quality/price ratio as here it can be seriously improved as already stated by various people.
Good to know is that you can find this concept in many EU countries already and even in some cases you can get it organized in your own location if appropriate.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This evening was great fun, indeed. Sitting in complete darkness (I couldn't see my hands right before my eyes), having good and funny talks, enjoying delicious food (I had the menue surprise) and being served nicely, an amazing experience. I managed not to destroy glasses or dishes and my shirt was still ok. You get a slight impression of what it means being blind, even though you are basically just sitting at the table and trying to find the food on the dish. More than recommended!