“Applebees looks 5 star”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Oerlikon
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The title says it all. Pathetic attempt to be American & Mexican. I have no idea how this place stays in business. It is a knock-off of the chain crap we have in the states.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Had a burger for 30 sfr here and it was disappointing. dry and tasteless. however, lively crowd and very friendly bar staff somewhta made up for the culinary disappointment.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Excellent place in Oerlikon to go out and have a drink or to eat. We did both and enjoyed both ! Cocktails are EXCELLENT ! We get Mojito and Pina Colada and it was great !!! We loved them ! Prices for drinks are OK for Zürich. Tapas you can order with are also good, we get mini-burgers, chicken wings and so on, tasty and not with too much oil on it.
However food is quite expensive, but yummy ! Fajitas are cool, they bring you all the little food to make your own fajitas ! You can also get giant burgers to share, seems nice.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Nice place, in a nice location. The food is good, the service is friendly and quick. Prices are affordable and menu is diversified. The place is clean and rather new. We went at lunch time, the place wasn't filled, but it was somewhat crowded, so the ambiance was adequate and the vibes were cool. Recommended.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have walked by this restaurant a few times late in the evenings and it was always crowded. I decided on this visit to arrive early before the crowds. It was just after 6pm on Saturday evening. The staff was friendly and greeted me at the door. The host gave me a choice of sitting under the tv or at a tall table with full view of the live bundesliga games, of course, I opted for the table with a full tv view. The host advised me I could have this table until 10pm as it was reserved at that time. I informed here I would certainly be gone by that time.

The young bartender guy was extremely nice and greeted myself and all of the customers with a smile and he seemed to really be enjoying his job. He was even running over to the door and seating customers. He took my drink and food order promptly.

Since it was early the atmosphere was very low key, which I enjoyed. I ordered the full serving of quesadillas with chicken which came with guacamole CHF 21. I also ordered a side of the salsa to sample (CHF 2) just to try since it was a concern with a previous reviewer. I enjoyed the quesdilla and the guacamole. I would agree with remarks about the salsa and this is my only complaint of my entire dining experience. The salsa tasted canned and failed to compliment my meal.

My suggestion to the restaurant would be to take the time and/or money to upgrade the salsa. Since you hype your mention on tripadvisor with a sticker at the door entry, I would sugget listening to your customer remarks and upgrade the salsa. I did observe another customer at the bar who had ordered salsa with his nachos and after trying the salsa he did not try it a second time.

As I was leaving, there were lots of tables available and still a relaxed atmosphere. Overall, I really enjoyed my visit.

1  Thank FormerCaliBoy