“Very Good and Better Than Expected Prices”

Cantinetta Antinori
Ranked #19 of 1,970 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: Cantinetta Antinori is one of the most typical Italians on a high level thanks to its location on Zurich's Bahnhofstrasse, the world-famous family brand Antinori, the charm of the old town house, the simple cuisine of Tuscany and the rich wine range of Marchesi Antinori.
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Nothing in Zurich is cheap. From the reviews I expected something out of line with the rest of Zurich. That wasn't the case. My wife and I both had a first and second course. We had a large bottle of water, and I had three glasses of wine. Our bill was CF 113. In Zurich that's not bad!
The food was excellent and the menu had two extra pages of seasonal specialties (one pumpkin and one truffle).
The evening was great...nice autumn weather so we chose to eat outside. Service was friendly and prompt.
As mentioned in other reviews, this is a popular spot for the business community. I suspect it would do well anywhere in Zurich.

There are newer reviews for Cantinetta Antinori

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This Restaurant is in the middle of Zurich. It is note for the price and the food! Fish/Meat/Pasta is just mouth-watering. Very good selection of vine.Service is very good. Try to make a reservation on the second floor !
Cantinetta Antinori is from Bindella a very famous Restaurant chain in Zurich. This Restaurent is expensive but it worth it not just for the location but also for the food!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Good food, extremely expensive for what it is. Ambiance is nice though...
Well, good place to invite your private banker or the other way round.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Food is excellent, pasta and main course were divine... Seating is so crowded that you really can't move easily and feel your hear your neibours - sitting on their laps.
Recommend for a quick lunch, as food is also quite traditional

Reviewed July 31, 2012

This little Italian is easily found in the city centre. You can eat inside or outside, and as it was really hot the staff recommended we sat outside. (Didn’t seem to have air con inside).

Outside the tables and chairs are laid out to form a mini sort of square on the wide pavement and it was absolutely packed with people. We were shown to a middle table, which was placed so closely to the neighbouring tables that we may as well have been sat at the same table. There was absolutely no privacy. Luckily our neighbouring diners made a joke about the close proximity.

The menu had a reasonable choice but I was surprised that there was no favourites like lasagne, spaghetti bolognaise, spaghetti carbonara, cannelloni etc. We ordered our meal.

Firstly they brought some bread and still water to the table and then our starters arrived. My partner had the Parma ham and melon, which was fine and I had the mixed crostini which came with mixed toppings, like tuna, salmon, tomato & garlic and it was really tasty and I enjoyed it.

Unfortunately, the main courses were far less enjoyable. We chose the spaghetti with mushrooms in a cream sauce and the sea bass with spinach and potatoes. The meals had been hanging around in the kitchen under a heat lamp as the sea bass was dried out on top and my sauce was all congealed. I have never been given a larger lump of uninteresting pasta in my life, with a handful of tiny mushrooms and some bland sauce, what a disappointment.

We would have liked to discuss my meal with a member of staff but they never came and asked how the meal was. The waitress did seem surprised by how much of my meal was left, but never commented on it, just whisked it away. The only time the waitress was interested in our table was when it came to paying the bill, she informed us that we could leave a gratuity electronically on the bill or that we could pay cash. We said cash. Thereafter she hovered around our table waiting for the cash to appear. We hadn’t had so much attention all evening!! After such a terrible service and a rubbish meal, we did not leave a tip.

With 2 starters, 2 main courses, 1 bottle of wine and 1 still water, the bill came to approx £118 for the pair of us, so an expensive mistake. I will not be returning to this restaurant, nor would I recommend it. I am very surprised that it has such a high rating on Trip Adviser, because it simply does not deserve it.

1  Thank LadyfromManchester