“Rustical settings - fine food - (a bit too) quick staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Zeughauskeller

Zeughauskeller
Ranked #19 of 1,892 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: German, Swiss, European, Central European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Old Town
Herning
“Rustical settings - fine food - (a bit too) quick staff”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I went to the Zeuhauskeller to dine just for myself as I was on a business trip. The restaurant is charming and very old looking. The interior also has a special atmosphere which is typically Bavarian and old-stylish. I like it. The lady who welcomed me first wanted to place me at the bar desk (I guess being just myself she didnt see enough money in me for occupying a table. I said I would prefer a chair and a table and I was then placed at a table for 6 - at this table there was already a couple eating. I think this is okay - but you might like to know it before you get in there. You could call it "social eating" ;) I had a Schweinshaxe with salad which was served very quickly. The meat was superb and the potato salad very good. The staff was attandent but you cannot quite help thinking that they would like you to eat and then get out again to make room for a new guest. But still.. - the atmosphere is good.. - and so is the food. I wouldn't be surprised to find myself in there again sometime....

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
“The right place to try "Zürcher Geschnetzeltes"”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I highly recommend this place for its meat meals. Especially, I recommend you to try Zürcher Geschnetzeltes. If you would like to try some local tastes then Zeughauskeller is the right place to be.
Since it is a very favorable place I suggest you to make a reservation ahead or should be patient while waiting for a table.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank BinnazBA
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“atmospheric and enjoyable”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

always enjoy eating here when travelling to zurich. specialising in sausages. Love the food, beer and setting. always busy but they can squeeze a table usually

• Visited November 2012
Zug
“One of my favorite places”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My family and I love this place and eat here often. It's touristy, yes, but for good reason. Love the food, beer and setting. In my opinion, a must when in Zurich. Don't be surprised if you are seated with another party (although rare)- do be sure to make a reservation if you can.

Visited January 2013
New Jersey
“Huge portions at communal tables”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Went here on TA reviews and agree with most. Casual, large restaurant, fast paced and good food. Specializing in sausage and homemade potato salad was delicious. Price for such a meal in Zurich hard to find.