“Awesome Italian in Zurich”

Ristorante Bindella
Ranked #50 of 2,148 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed June 25, 2016

A fabulous Italian meal on a rainy night while vacationing with family. Staff was truly incredible, taking good care of us when the restaurant was full and running behind. We loved everything we ordered and would go back in a heartbeat.

1  Thank John F

Reviewed June 22, 2016 via mobile

Have returned here many times and always have good service. Try one of the truffles dishes. I had the veal with truffles while my dining partner had the appetizer of scrambled eggs with truffles. Excellent!

Reviewed June 15, 2016 via mobile

Had dinner with another couple. Server made a special effort to help us with the menu and wine list. Several of us had the veal scaloppine which was excellent. The meal was long but very relaxing. Turned out to be a special evening due to the staff and the food.

Reviewed June 15, 2016 via mobile

This old school Italian is exactly what it's supposed to be. Formal, yet relaxed, just like its cuisine, which is formal Italian - yet relaxed, as its heavily oriented towards ultra classics like pasta, risotto, grilled fish and veal alla Milanese. All accompanied by fantastic wines, a successful combination.

Can't get bored going there!

Reviewed May 29, 2016

I've eaten here several times, so decided to bring two friends here for dinner after participating in the "Spring Tastings" event on Bahnhofstrasse. I won't be making that mistake again!

We ate outside at a small table. The meal started well enough. We ordered our starters, a large bottle of sparkling water, and a wine (which the server seemed unfamiliar with and had confused look on her face even when we showed it to her on the wine menu). A friend tasted the wine (it was fine) and the server poured them normal size servings; in my glass she poured barely a mouthful before rushing off.

Things progressed ok, but after we got our starters, the server knocked over the more than half-full bottle of water. My one friend was SOAKED, it went all over her clothes, her seat, onto her purse (there was water in her purse) and into the shopping bag with the item she'd purchased a short while ago. The server didn't handle it well. She apologised but had to be prompted to replace my friend's seat soaking wet seat cushion. She also didn't seem to realize that my friends clothes were soaked, as was her handbag etc. And she looked annoyed when we suggested that she bring us another bottle of sparkling water at no charge.

My friend had a miserable dinner. They didn't replace the dining cloth, which was also wet, so she had that dripping on her throughout the meal. At the end, Bindella somewhat grudgingly offered three mini ice-cream bonbons to make up for this service disaster. They also comped a glass of wine -- which was meaningless, as they comped the glass for the friend who hadn't been affected by the spill AND who was expensing her dinner anyway as she was traveling on business!!

What should they have done? Immediately taken action to move us to a dry table. Comped the main course (AT LEAST) for my sopping wet friend. Showed some genuine concern instead of annoyance (the spill was in NO WAY our fault).

All in all, I can say that Bindella is not a place I'll be taking friends to again.

Date of visit: May 2016