“average food, overpriced and poor service”
Review of Parkhuus

Parkhuus
Ranked #233 of 2,012 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: European, International, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Enge
Description: The kitchen's new philosophy is centred around sustainable products and their origins in forest, field and river – meals with a story to tell and to enjoy. Guests experience a feeling of nature and Swiss authenticity. “I wish to redefine how people eat. I want to instill in my guests a newfound appreciation for where their food comes from”. Frank Widmer, kitchen director at Park Hyatt Zurich, created the new concept for restaurant parkhuus. The centerpiece of the new philosophy is the origin of the products that are found on the plates later: “We can only truly know where our food comes from by securing it directly from source. For us that means either personally hunting and growing our own vegetables and herbs or doing so, via our handpicked selection of partners”, says Frank Widmer, “we hunt, we fish and we forage, through forest, field and lake in order to provide a complete food experience.”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

service was absent, food mediocre and prices exorbitant. Wouldn't go back there are far better options in switzerland.

1  Thank Lova B
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Parkhuus, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Lova B

Thank you very much for visiting parkhuus restaurant and for sending us your comments through TripAdvisor. Your feedback with regard to our service is extremely important to us and allows us to continually monitor and improve in our daily work.

I truly appreciate you having taken the time to share your honest comments with us and would like to offer my sincere apologies for not having met your expectations. It is disappointing to hear that your impression was unsatisfactory and we apologise for the disappointment that you experienced.

Concerning your experiences with our staff, we regret that you did not feel that they were attentive. We will certainly review your feedback with all staff members involved in order to prevent similar future occurrences.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust in restaurant parkhuus.

Kind regards,

Jacques Morand

Reviewed May 27, 2013

If you want to have an elegant venue for a business lunch i strongly recommend you the Hyatt Park Horel restaurant : the dining hall is very large and very nicely furnished and the service is very professional . This time round the food was fine but nothing more : the soup was OK but i found the meat a little a bit overcooked and not very tasty ( i had better meals in the past at Park Hyatt ) . Price not too expensive !!

PH_Zurich, General Manager at Parkhuus, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear amedeo b,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write about restaurant parkhuus on TripAdvisor and it gave us great pleasure to have you as our guest. Your feedback regarding your recent visit to restaurant parkhuus is an important channel for us to measure customer satisfaction and monitor our quality of service.

I want to thank you for your positive remarks about our restaurant and I am delighted that you chose parkhuus for your business lunches. Unfortunately, upon your last visit not every dish met your expectations and I would like to express my sincere apologies. However, you can be sure that your valued feedback will help us fine-tune our menu.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We went for dinner. Service is friendly and effective, as one would expect from a Hyatt restaurant. Although we had approx 5 different waiters visiting pur table, serving food, clearing plates, pouring drinks, which was OK but makes the dining experience a bit anonymous and reserved. Overall atmosphere is nice but certainly the wow dining experience you get in a Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental was not reached.

PH_Zurich, General Manager at Parkhuus, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Ritz20,

Thank you very much for visiting parkhuus restaurant and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. Your feedback with regard to our service is extremely important to us and allows us to continually monitor and improve in our daily work.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your dinner and experienced friendly and effective service. Nevertheless, please accept my apologies for not having exceeded your expectations. It is only through constructive criticism, such as yours, that we are able to analyse our services and make necessary corrections.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to parkhuus another time. Until then, we wish you a beautiful summer.

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Park Hyatt's Parkhuus restaurant is an excellent choice for a nice romantic dinner. For dinner, I had the rack of lamb, cucumber salad, bodega lentils, fingerling potatoes and everything was cooked perfectly. The restaurant has an extensive wine list. The marzipan dessert is a great choice. The level of service is beyond exceptional both at the hotel and at the restaurant. I highly recommend the hotel and the restaurant.

PH_Zurich, General Manager at Parkhuus, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear SammyTheFoodie

First of all, I would like to thank you for your visit to parkhuus restaurant. We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding our quality and service and thank you for sharing your kind remarks with other travellers on TripAdvisor.

On behalf of the entire team I want to thank you for your positive comments about the quality of food and the dishes you experienced at parkhuus restaurant. Furthermore, it will give me great pleasure to communicate your kind remarks with our culinary team. Comments such as yours are always well received and motivate us to strive for service excellence.

As you mentioned, besides high-quality cuisine, we also offer a large range of wines from around the world, a few of which are visible in the wine cellar. We would be delighted to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich and parkhuus restaurant. Until then, we send you our best regards from Eugene.

Warm regards

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Located in the Park Hyatt hotel in Zurich, the Parkhuus restaurant is one of the finest dining experience I have had.

In fairness, it is not a cheap option, but for the quality, service and menu range this is not a problem. A minimum of 150SFr per person is to be expected.

But this isn't the sort of place you go to save money. There are plenty of cheaper restaurants in Zurich, but none offer:-

- an extensive menu of food options to mix and match and create the perfect dish
- a wide wine list with reasonable pricing
- some of the best steak I have ever eaten
- an open kitchen as a centre piece
- under-stated service meeting all needs but unobtrusively

It was a true delight to dine here.

PH_Zurich, General Manager at Parkhuus, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Graham B67

I would like to thank you for your kind words about your visit to parkhuus restaurant and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the experience. Your feedback with regard to our staff and service is extremely important to us and allows us to continually monitor and improve in our daily work.

I was delighted to receive your compliments and I am very pleased that you enjoyed one of your finest dining experiences here. Thank you for complimenting the wide selection of dishes and for mentioning the unique concept of parkhuus restaurant. The main dishes are served alone, accompanied by side dishes in the centre of the table for all guests to share. It is also nice to read that you enjoyed watching the cooks in action at the open show-kitchen.

Furthermore, it will give me great pleasure to communicate your positive remarks to our culinary team and I am sure it will motivate them even further.

Feedback such as yours is always well received. Thank you once again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to parkhuus restaurant in the near future.

Jacques Morand