“Great experience”

Cuisines: European, International, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Enge
Description: The kitchen's new philosophy is centred around sustainable products and their origins in forest, field and river – meals with a story to tell and to enjoy. Guests experience a feeling of nature and Swiss authenticity. “I wish to redefine how people eat. I want to instill in my guests a newfound appreciation for where their food comes from”. Frank Widmer, kitchen director at Park Hyatt Zurich, created the new concept for restaurant parkhuus. The centerpiece of the new philosophy is the origin of the products that are found on the plates later: “We can only truly know where our food comes from by securing it directly from source. For us that means either personally hunting and growing our own vegetables and herbs or doing so, via our handpicked selection of partners”, says Frank Widmer, “we hunt, we fish and we forage, through forest, field and lake in order to provide a complete food experience.”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Set in an elegant yet relaxed atmosphere a few minutes walk from Lake Zurich. The food was excellent with top quality ingredients which were perfectly cooked and nicely presented. I had the Scallops for starters and the Bison file for main. Fantastic! So while the food and atmosphere were great, the single most rememberable experience was the service. The level of attention, friendliness and timeliness sets a new high score. Without doubt the best service I have experienced dining out in Zurich for the last 10 years.

PH_Zurich, General Manager at Parkhuus, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Pet M

I would like to t thank you for visiting our parkhuus restaurant. It was a pleasure having you as a guest. Your comments on TripAdvisor are very important to us and I believe other travellers will also enjoy reading your kind words. I thank you for taking time to write this review.

I am delighted and I very much enjoyed to reading that you had a good dining experience at parkhuus restaurant. In particular, thank you very much for complimenting so many points such as the nice food, atmosphere and a professional service. There is nothing more important to us than a satisfied guest. Please rest assured that I will share your review complimentary words with the entire team.

We would be very pleased to welcome you back again another time. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance.

Sincerely

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I am a meat lover and truly appreciate good food. Parkhuus served one of the best steaks I have ever had. It was so good that it didn't require any of the sides or the sauces to make it work.

The ribye was tender juicy and just right. The wine selection was good and so was the outside seating area, my wife enjoyed the tenderloin with fresh and crisp vegetables.

Definitely on my top priority for the next visit to Zurich

PH_Zurich, General Manager at Parkhuus, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Ahad 1977

Thank you very much for your recent stay at restaurant parkhuus. We greatly appreciate you taking time to write such kind words on TripAdvisor. Your feedback with regard to our facilities and services is extremely important to us and allows us to continually monitor and improve our performance.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food and atmosphere at parkhuus restaurant. In addition, I am thrilled to hear you had one of the best steaks ever. Words such as yours fill me with pride and joy. In addition, it will give me great pleasure to communication your compliments to our executive chef and his team.

Thank you very much for complementing our staff. It will give me great pleasure to communicate your comments to the entire team.

I wish you a pleasant time and I am looking forward to welcoming you again at parkhuus restaurant. .

Reviewed September 1, 2012

die ambiente ist gut, the service is VERY good and the food is great!
the napa valley cabernet was very very nice.
just the price..... is a bit high :-)

PH_Zurich, General Manager at Parkhuus, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Itzibitzi,

Thank you very much for your recent visit to our parkhuus restaurant. We greatly appreciate you taking time to write such kind words on TripAdvisor. Your comments are an important channel for us to measure our products and service. Your words are a great compliment and highly motivate us to continue our work with positive energy and passion.

I am delighted to hear that we could meet your expectations and you enjoyed the ambiance as well as the food and beverages. In addition, it will give me great pleasure to share your comments about the service with our employees, which fills me with pride and joy.

We would be very pleased to welcome you back again another time. Until then I wish you a pleasant time in Zurich and an enjoyable end to your summer.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Select fish or meat, and side dishes, all extra, making it a CHF 60 to 80 dish, all perfectly cooked, but not triggering any wow feelings. I know it follows a concept - Manhattan knows some similar places - but I except more rafinesse from a five star hotel cuisine. very nice desserts. Wonderful staff, by all means!

PH_Zurich, General Manager at Parkhuus, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear BernhardZurich,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write about restaurant parkhuus on TripAdvisor and it gave us great pleasure having you as our guest. Your feedback regarding your recent visit to restaurant parkhuus is an important channel for us to measure customer satisfaction and monitor our quality of service.

I am truly sorry to read that we were not able to completely satisfy your expectations and you missed the extra finesse in our dishes. Please rest assured that we will discuss this with the department head and we thank you for your honest feedback. We have noted your kind comments about our staff and are pleased to read that you enjoyed the desserts.

I am delighted to receive such feedback from you and it will give me great pleasure to communicate your kind remarks to the entire team.

I hope we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to restaurant parkhuus again. In the meanwhile I wish you a pleasant rest of the summer and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I went to have dinner to the Parkhuus and we definitely had a very nice time. The service at the restaurant was flawless, very attentive. We both order some starters and some main dishes. Starters were absolutely fantastic. I had 6 oysters and my partner had a bison tortellini. As main dishes I had a grilled bison sirloin mart ated with maple syrup and mustard, absolutely delicious! My partner had lamb cooked with herbs that also was perfect. At the Parkhuss they have this very interesting concept of serving the side dishes in the middle of the table so you can share them. We ordered some delicious French fries and bell peppers. We enjoyed all this together with an Argentinian malbec glass of red wine. As desserts we both had cherry merengue nest together with a chocolate brownie and white chocolate sauce.
The price is a bit high but it's definetly worth it for a special occasion.

PH_Zurich, General Manager at Parkhuus, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear Guest

First, let me send you warm greetings from Park Hyatt Zurich.

I would like to seize the opportunity to thank you for having taken the time to comment on TripAdvisor regarding your experience at the parkhuus restaurant at Park Hyatt Zurich.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit very much. In particular, thank you for your very positive comments regarding our attentive staff. Comments such as these are truly motivating and encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide authentic service.

It is nice to hear that you were pleased with the dishes and appreciated the meal. We are glad you took advantage of the concept so that you were able to taste a range of different food. Please rest assured that I will forward your compliments to the head of our Food and Beverage Department.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future, and that your next visit will be just as enjoyable as your last.

Sincerely