“Fantastic food in a nice setting”
Review of Lindenhofkeller

Lindenhofkeller
Ranked #38 of 1,955 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Zug, Switzerland
“Fantastic food in a nice setting”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Invited to a business lunch, we had one of their specialities, the medium rare saddle of veal slowly cooked at 40 degrees in the oven. I must admit I have never eaten a more tender piece of veal!
The service was very attentive, the setting in a historic house a few steps away from the Lindenhof where you can enjoy a nice view on the old town of Zurich.

• Visited April 2013

• Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
“An absolute Zurich highlight”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This restaurant is a definite must if your looking for top quality food, atmosphere and service. You have to pay more than your average restaurant but this is so much better than your average restuarant. No brainer in my view. Put Lindenhofkeller at the top of your list for Zurich dining.

1 Thank Phil702
Adliswil
“Expensive but good”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have been invited there for my birthday and it was good (apart from the service). The food was solid.

My starter was a soup with truffles. I could not taste the truffles which shows of the poor quality of them (unfortunately). My husband had the foie gras and that was absolutely excellent.

For the main I had a steak with pistachio and cranberry crust. That was also good but nothing that would maybe wow you. But solid. My husband had the steak with truffle risotto. That was ok but simply because of the truffle issue as described before.

As a desert I had the fruit salad with sorbet. I think I was soo full that I could not really enjoy it that much. It was not spectacular but light after such a heavy dinner. My husband had a cheese platter. They have a good collection of cheeses and they let you choose.

The service was not good at all. Rarely we do not give tip but this time we did not. For every single thing we had to "fight" for the waiter's attention after waiting patiently over and over again hoping the waiter would notice himself (but no). We were never asked if we want to have something to drink. After the food, the table did not get cleaned and the collection of empty glasses grew as we ordered more drinks and were on our table until we left. We had to even ask for the dessert menu and waited 10 minutes to be allowed to order. The restaurant was not full and there were 3 other waiters around so we did not understand this. But hey, maybe the waiter did not like us?

Nevertheless, for a gault millau restaurant in that price range good service should be key. I would still give it a second shot as maybe the waiter had a bad day or something.

Room for improvement: Service needs to be enhanced and more attentive to ALL tables equally. And please put some background music.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank BasmaT
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Delicious food and lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had a business dinner at this restaurant. Since we were a party of 12, we had a set menu which was possibly the best I have had. We started with a small dish of veal and lentils, followed by tartare of salmon with avocado, lentil soup, roast veal and ended with a warm chocolate pudding with ice cream. Every dish was exceptionally well presented and cooked to perfection. The location of the restaurant right in the centre of the old city with its cobblestone streets was perfect and the inside of the restaurant was very intimate and cosy - so much nicer than the modern 'cold' restaurants which are appearing everywhere. It is not cheap, but for a special dinner, I would certainly say you could not do better than this.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Everything was excellent”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

What a treat, after a long flight and tiring day, to enjoy an evening at Lindenhofkeller. Service, food, ambience --- all were superb. It was elegant but not stuffy. Highly recommend.

1 Thank Michigangal19