“Crappy food, even crappier service” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kantorei

Kantorei
Ranked #252 of 1,875 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Swiss, European, Central European, International, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The Restaurant Kantorei is located in the heart of the oldtown of Zurich. Come and relax and enjoy our terrace. Watch all the activities and enjoy our regional Specialities.
Sydney, Australia
“Crappy food, even crappier service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Heaven knows why this place is rated highly on TA. The staff , all of them that served us, were surly, a shame since I've always had such a good experience with Swiss hospitality (they take it very seriously) . I ordered the beef burger and Daniel ordered the steak. There was no issue with Daniel's meal, the steak was well cooked, not a bit of fat on it as a very lean cut and was cooked to his liking. My burger on the other hand wasnt great. Wasn't the worst I've ever had but doesn't rate up there with the good ones. It made me feel quite sick afterwards. I didn't eat all of it and when the waiter was clearing our plates away he said "are you sure you've finished?" and I said "yes I have, thank you." and he said "was it no good?" and to be polite and not feeling the need to make a complaint I said it was fine that I was full (which was true) the waiter continued to hound me saying "it's ok you can say it was no good" it made me feel really uncomfortable and when I insisted that I was just full he said "well you won't be needing the dessert menu then!" and left in a huff. Lucky we didn't want dessert there anyway. We then had to chase up several people for our bill. An all round crap experience, avoid this place.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ness-of-Sydney

Moscow, Russia
“Not only Wienerschnitzel )”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

A nice restaurant in 5 min walking distance from the noisy (if you can name them noisy) central streets of Zurich, with big outdoor area. I enjoyed the food, the only complain I have - I didn't like the house wine recommended by the waiter. As soon as I switched to another wine everything was fine. I didn't try the Wienerschnitzel recommended by many reviewers (I'm sure it's great) but I tried something else.
Tip #1 - try Coq au Vin - it's really delicious there.
Tip #2 - don't forget to book a table - it's a popular place.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Alexey_from_Moscow
Zurich, Switzerland
“Airy and pleasantly informal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

This restaurant has a definite advantage over most Zurich eateries that becomes more important during the Winter when one has to sit inside: Tall ceilings. The food is unpretentiously good and served with tact and efficiency. What more could one want?

Visited May 2012
3 Thank 39Katerina
Switzerland
“Great restaurant hidden away from the usual”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

This restaurant always has great food although a small menu. The little square that it is in has a beautiful fountain and quaint shops all around. A definite must!

2 Thank Clover0
Cape town
“Wienerschnitzel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

The waiter was wright when he recommended the most popular dish on the menu the Wienerschnitzel.
Can't wait to go back.